Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Error--Winsock & Server Errors

Error--Winsock & Server Errors

I'm connecting to a wireless at school. I'm using XP Home. I keep getting errors saying Winsock Not Loaded and/or Server Not Found. When I use IE or OE, I get "server not found" errors. When I use FreeAgent, I get "Winsock not loaded" errors.

These errors happen AFTER I've successfully logged on, connected, and started surfing. I have to turn off the laptop, wait a little while, and start up again, and reconnect, in order to start surfing again.

With the same laptop at a different school, I can connect to wireless with no problem.

I am a novice, do not understand networking, but would like to fix the error. Is there some kind of a fix, patch, reg edit, etc. that I can use to stop the Winsock/Server errors, and stay connected?

Thanks.

Fishy
<*(((><{~~~@ocean.net