Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > monitor the start and end of applications

monitor the start and end of applications

awalter1

Hello,
My purpose is to supervise (from a python program) the launch of some
other programs (python or non python programs) as : "I click on the
button X and the pg X is launched ..."
I want also that my supervision be "wake up" when a pg has exited to
check its status or something like that.
I suppose I need to use thread and I did, I'm trying several solutions
(popen, os.system, commands.getstatusoutput, certainly not correctly) :
generally I am able to launch a pg but when it is ended, the thread
"caller" is still waiting.

Is somebody has encountered similar requirements ?
Thanks a lot for your help

SIP and end-to-end Georg Schwarz VOIP 1 10-17-2005 06:00 PM
Difference between Python CGI applications and Php applications praba kar Python 2 05-04-2005 06:49 PM
is there a difference between CIR and CIR+end to end clear channel connection? ike lozada Cisco 0 05-27-2004 02:34 AM
Specify start and length, beside start and end, in slices Noam Raphael Python 17 05-26-2004 09:30 PM

Advertisments