Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > installing/maintaining modules for multiple versions of python

installing/maintaining modules for multiple versions of python

John

I have a suse box that has by default python 2.4 running and I have a
2.5 version installed
in /reg/python2.5. How do I install new modules for only 2.5 without
disturbing the 2.4 default
installation.

Thanks,
--j

Daniel Nogradi

> I have a suse box that has by default python 2.4 running and I have a
> 2.5 version installed
> in /reg/python2.5. How do I install new modules for only 2.5 without
> disturbing the 2.4 default
> installation.

If you do 'python2.5 setup.py install' on a new module supporting
distutils it will only effect the 2.5 installation. If the new module
has no setup.py you can just copy it to /reg/python2.5/site-packages
and it will also only effect the 2.5 installation.

HTH.