Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > add re module to a embeded device phyton interpreter

add re module to a embeded device phyton interpreter

odlfox

I hav to add the re (regular expressions) functionality to an
Embeded device that I'm using. I read the re.py file and it says I
need several dependencies, one of them is the pcre module but I found
no pcre.py or pcre.pyc file. Someone knows where to find something to
solve my problem. Thanks a lot

robert

odlfox wrote:
> I hav to add the re (regular expressions) functionality to an
> Embeded device that I'm using. I read the re.py file and it says I
> need several dependencies, one of them is the pcre module but I found
> no pcre.py or pcre.pyc file. Someone knows where to find something to
> solve my problem. Thanks a lot

that drills down to a .dll/.so thing depending on installation and python version.

Best make a project/test/dummy script using all the things you want - or actually your project as it.
And then use cx-freeze like "FreezePython -OO mystart.py" to let him collect all the dependent modules in a dist-folder. Then you don't have to worry about all the details yourself.
You can also use UPX and 7zip to further compress the dll's/so's and the py-modules zip archive well.

Robert

Phyton module for Windows Event Viewer? mostro713@gmail.com Python 1 05-03-2008 05:20 PM
problem at installing phyton on windows gslm Python 11 03-26-2007 07:21 PM
Dynamically add function to module (embeded) ? Ilariu Raducan Python 0 06-30-2004 10:03 AM
onverting c++ to phyton mr. ice Python 1 05-19-2004 12:08 AM
Had Phyton suggested P.C. Python 16 02-09-2004 11:12 PM

Advertisments