Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Convert Perl to Python

Convert Perl to Python

=?ISO-8859-7?B?1/H189zt6Ocgwfrt4eve?=

How can I convert a perl script to Python?

Thank you!

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Χρυσάνθη Αϊναλή wrote:

> How can I convert a perl script to Python?

Look what the Perl script does and then rewrite it in Python. Automatic
translations between programming languages, if possible, usually result in
code that is not supposed to be read by human beings. Every language has
its idioms and a "literal" translation looks very odd to "native speakers"
of the target language.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Tim Daneliuk

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Χρυσάνθη Αϊναλή wrote:
>
>> How can I convert a perl script to Python?

> Look what the Perl script does and then rewrite it in Python. Automatic
> translations between programming languages, if possible, usually result in
> code that is not supposed to be read by human beings. Every language has
> its idioms and a "literal" translation looks very odd to "native speakers"
> of the target language.
>
> Ciao,
> Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Either that or write a perl interpreter in python

Tim Daneliuk http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Bruno Desthuilliers

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch a écrit :
> In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Χρυσάνθη Αϊναλή wrote:
>

>>How can I convert a perl script to Python?

> Look what the Perl script does and then rewrite it in Python. Automatic
> translations between programming languages, if possible, usually result in
> code that is not supposed to be read by human beings. Every language has
> its idioms and a "literal" translation looks very odd to "native speakers"
> of the target language.

and might be quite inefficient too...

itoakya@gmail.com

pyperl - Perl for Python
"This is a Python extension module that makes it possible to embed Perl
interpreter(s) in any Python program. It can be used to invoke
arbitrary Perl code, load any Perl modules and make calls directly
into Perl functions. The Perl code invoked can call back into Python
as it see fit."
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPerl
At least, a pacific coexistence between Python and Perl.