Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: error: Error -5 while decompressing data from struct.unpack

Re: error: Error -5 while decompressing data from struct.unpack

Fredrik Lundh

Gary Robinson wrote:

> One of our users received an exception, "error: Error -5 while
> decompressing data from struct.unpack," in the course of a
> struct.unpack operation. I haven't been able to discern what Error -5
> is in this context. In experiments here I wasn't able to elicit that
> exception.
>
> There's a system exception EINTR which is 5 -- but that's 5, not -5.
>
> Any help on this would be most appreciated.

from what I can tell, the word "decompressing" is only used in the zlib
sources in Python. are you sure the user didn't mean "zlib.decompress"
instead of "struct.unpack" ?

</F>