Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to realize the interactive python in Eclipse?

How to realize the interactive python in Eclipse?

purple

I have installed the Eclipse and the plug-in Pydev. Also, I have add an
python program in the external tools. When I run the python program in
the external tools, i can type python command just like in the python
shell.But when I finished running a python file, in the console, I
could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
process. Is there any way I can make it?
thank you~~

kilnhead

purple wrote:
> I have installed the Eclipse and the plug-in Pydev. Also, I have add an
> python program in the external tools. When I run the python program in
> the external tools, i can type python command just like in the python
> shell.But when I finished running a python file, in the console, I
> could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
> process. Is there any way I can make it?
> thank you~~

Do you not want to run python from eclipse? If so, go to preferences
for pydev and show pydev where your python executable is. Then you can
use the debug function to look at variables.

For the external tools problem with python interactive, did you include
"-i" as an argument for the python interpreter?

purple

Thanks so much for your concern~~

In the preferences for pydev, I have added the python.exe in the python
interpreters, and also the system PYTHONPATH, Forced built-in libs. I
am not sure whether you mean it?
I am sorry because I am a green hand on the eclipse.

And for the external tools, I have include the "-i" as an argument for
the python interpreter and there is no other argument. Is there any
other argument?

Thanks so much~~

> Do you not want to run python from eclipse? If so, go to preferences
> for pydev and show pydev where your python executable is. Then you can
> use the debug function to look at variables.
>
> For the external tools problem with python interactive, did you include
> "-i" as an argument for the python interpreter?

Ravi Teja

purple wrote:
> I have installed the Eclipse and the plug-in Pydev. Also, I have add an
> python program in the external tools. When I run the python program in
> the external tools, i can type python command just like in the python
> shell.But when I finished running a python file, in the console, I
> could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
> process. Is there any way I can make it?
> thank you~~

I am beginning to wonder if you attempting to use PyDev as nothing more
than a programmer's editor. PyDev is a lot more. You need not debug
this way since it includes a visual debugger. Be sure to read the
documentation at the web site.

http://pydev.sourceforge.net/debug.html
http://pydev.sourceforge.net/faq.html

purple

Thank you for your website. I used to work with the python shell, but
it is quite boring in managing the files, so I know the eclipse and
pydev. I think I should focus on the documentations first. Thank you
very much.