Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Sipura 3000 via Cisco 831 on Voicepulse VOIP

Sipura 3000 via Cisco 831 on Voicepulse VOIP

Fred Atkinson

I just got a Sipura 3000 VOIP adapter. I've connected it
behind my Cisco 831 router and am connecting to the Internet via
Earthlink to Voicepulse.

I get a constant busy in this configuration. As an
experiment, I connected the Sipura 3000 directly to the cablemodem and
reobooted both of them (after powering down the cablemodem for more
than thirty seconds). The unit worked. So, I put it back to normal
and I get a busy signal every time I pull up that line.

I contacted Voicepulse. They told me that my Cisco 831 router
was blocking the SIP on port 5060. I've installed both of these:

ip nat inside source static udp 10.10.10.232 5060 interface Ethernet1
5060
ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.232 5060 interface Ethernet1
5060

I rebooted the router (after saving the changes to the startup
config). It still doesn't work. I can ping the Sipura from my PC.

Any suggestions?

Fred

Fred Atkinson

On further experimentation, I discovered something a little
weird. When I have the Sipura 3000 set with a static IP address, it
doesn't work. But when I change it to procure a DHCP address, it does
work.

I can't figure this out. That shouldn't make any difference.

I've emailed the manufacturer and I will call the VOIP
provider's technical support number when they are open. But if anyone
here has any ideas about this, I'd really appreciate hearing it.

Regards,

Fred