Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > XML blooming

XML blooming

Paddy

(That is bloom as in http://www.wmhelp.com/xmlpad2.htm

Suddenly, OK, over a number of months, our design environment at work
has sprouted a wealth of XML configuration files, DTD's etc. The time
has come when I need to loose my XML cherry.
So , I guess I need to learn Elementtree.

In supporting our design environment I think I will need
1) An editor that can read in a DTD or XML Schema Definition, (XSD),
as well as an XML file, and help me to write conforming XML.
2) A tool to extract an XSD from XML examples.

Hmm, I'm also thinking about a Python project along the lines of
something that could translate between the world of the Traits package
(http://code.enthought.com/traits/), and XSD/DTD/XML. Has anyone done
this before?

Thanks in advance, Paddy.

sp1d3rx@gmail.com

Concerning #2, Microsoft has released a tool for XSD Inference. It
can't generate the exact XSD file, but it can guess what it was...

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dinference.exe