Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How do I connect to the internet wirelessly?

How do I connect to the internet wirelessly?

Rob

I have recently bought a laptop (details of which can be found on the
website below)

http://www.epinx.com/Personal_Comput...ks/881418.html

What I want to know is how do I connect wirelessly to the internet?? I
have AOL broadband (& therefore have AOL's modem)

What else do I need??

hawk

Well, how do you connect to the AOL modem now? Is it a cable or DSL
modem? The link for your computer says you can add a wireless LAN
modele. You will need that module and a wireless router.

hawk

Rob wrote:

> I have recently bought a laptop (details of which can be found on the
> website below)
>
> http://www.epinx.com/Personal_Comput...ks/881418.html
>
> What I want to know is how do I connect wirelessly to the internet?? I
> have AOL broadband (& therefore have AOL's modem)
>
> What else do I need??

Papa

An Access Point such as a wireless router. It would plug into your AOL
modem. For further info, see www.practicallynetworked.com.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have recently bought a laptop (details of which can be found on the
> website below)

http://www.epinx.com/Personal_Comput...ks/881418.html

> What I want to know is how do I connect wirelessly to the internet?? I
> have AOL broadband (& therefore have AOL's modem)
>
> What else do I need??

Cat

Hi.
May be this can Help: http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122
Ignore the prices in the links above. The same or similar hardware can be
found for 60%-90% less.
http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

Jack (MVP-networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have recently bought a laptop (details of which can be found on the
> website below)

http://www.epinx.com/Personal_Comput...Intel_Pentium_
P4_and_Centrino_Notebooks/881418.html