Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > InProc COM server for Excel supporting several versions of Excel

InProc COM server for Excel supporting several versions of Excel

luistrigueiros@gmail.com

Hi list,
At the moment at work I have to maintain one Excel spreadsheet that has
plenty of VBA code that performs validation of the data the user
inserts, it must conform to certain business rules.
I would like to replace the VBA code for one InPoc COM server DLL made
in python.
I read the Python Progamming on Win32 book, and I know that how to do
this in python and to use py2exe to produce the DLL and how to register
the COM server DLL manually.
My question is how can I support several versions of Excel (2000,XP,
2003) in may COM server ?
Because my users would run it in machines having diferent versions of
Excel and would not like to say I only support version XXXX. I am
thinking in using early binding for the COM server.
Has anyone done something similar, any advices would be much
appreciated.
Thanks, Luis