Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Accessing feed history in an RSS Reader

Accessing feed history in an RSS Reader

Mark S.

Anyone know how to access feed history (items not contained in the
current .xml file), so that an RSS Reader could display historical
postings? Google Reader is able to do this. I'm interested in
implementing kind of feature in Python. I've done quite a bit of
searching to no avail. Any ideas?

soring@gmail.com

I'm pretty sure that GoogleReader keeps its own archive on their
servers to provide historical feed items - so you'd have to implement
your own archiving on your server to get the same functionality (unless
GoogleReader publishes any API you could use for this purpose).

In the general case, given any XYZ company that publishes RSS for their
web content, they of course don't have any obligation to keep archives
of their past RSS feeds.

Sorin