Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: PIX 7 client configuration address initiate ?

Re: PIX 7 client configuration address initiate ?

Richard Deal

"you know who maybe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm copying line-by-line the configuration from my 6.3.4 515E to a new

515E
> with v7.01 and this way learning the changes. But I'm stuck on this line
> from 6.3.4. and I can't seem to find the equivalent on 7.01
>
> crypto map mymap client configuration address initiate
> Error: Invalid input detected at "configuration")
>

> Later.... I see now Cisco says this command is not supported in v7.01.
>
> Why?

Cisco's changed the IPSec process radically in v7 of the PIX/ASA. You'll
want to read the section on group policies and tunnel groups in the
documentation. It's much more feature-rich than 6.x, but much more
command-intensive.

One thing I definitely don't like in 7.x is that the show command structure
changed--you can no longer do something like show nameif to see the nameif
commands, you have to use a much more cludgier method to do this, which is a
pain.

Cheers!
Richard