Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: PyDev + Eclipse (Was: Re: What's the best IDE?)

Re: PyDev + Eclipse (Was: Re: What's the best IDE?)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C9ric_Daigneault?=

olive wrote:

> > I'm running PyDev 1.2.4 without completion problem so far.
> >
> > Are you up to date ?
> >
> > Maybe you should install the latest from scratch.
> >

>Yep, I am up to date. As I said, I am totally confused.
>
> -- Mike

I run the latest pydev on both windows and linux... The setup is excatcly the same (on the eclipse, path setup and all)

My windows setup is much better at auto-complete that the linux setup... In linux, other than with self, I seldom get auto complete on other classes. In windows it sometimes can figure out to what class belong the instance and propose appropriate choices...

Caus of my present workload I gave up trying to make it work...

E .

Michael B. Trausch

√Čric Daigneault wrote:

> I run the latest pydev on both windows and linux... The setup is
> excatcly the same (on the eclipse, path setup and all)
> My windows setup is much better at auto-complete that the linux
> setup... In linux, other than with self, I seldom get auto complete on
> other classes. In windows it sometimes can figure out to what class
> belong the instance and propose appropriate choices...
>
> Caus of my present workload I gave up trying to make it work...
> E .

Yeah, I have given up, too. I don't really need it, though it would
have been nice to have because I do not (yet) have a second monitor to
attach to my workstation for information-browsing...

-- Mike