Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Can any one help with solving this program it just doesnt take probability of the second team

Reply
Thread Tools

Can any one help with solving this program it just doesnt take probability of the second team

 
 
Arun Nair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2006
''' Can anyone help me with this program it just takes probability of
the first team and runs the program doesnt takes the probability of the
second team even though specified'''

from random import *

def volleySimulation():
printInstructions()
probA, probB, n = getInputs()
winA, winB = simGames(n, probA, probB)
printSummary(winA, winB)

def printInstructions():
print "This program stimulates a game of Volley Ball between two
teams i.e. Team A and Team B"
print "The abilities of each team is indicated by a probability
that determines which team wins the points."
print "We assume that Team A always serves first"

def getInputs():
print "Enter the probability for both team winning the serve in
between 0 and 1"
probA = input("Enter the probability of Team A winning a serve")
probB = input("Enter the probability of Team B winning a serve")
n = input("Enter the number of games that you want to simulate:")
return probA, probB, n

def simGames(n, probA, probB):
winA = 0
winB = 0
for i in range(n):
scoreA, scoreB = simGame(probA, probB)
if scoreA > scoreB:
winA = winA + 1
else:
winB = winB + 1
return winA, winB

def simGame(probA, probB):
scoreA = 0
scoreB = 0
serving = "A"
while not gameOver(scoreA, scoreB):
if serving == "A":
if random() < probA:
scoreA = scoreA + 1
else:
serving == "B"
else:
if random() < probB:
scoreB = scoreB + 1
else:
serving == "A"
return scoreA, scoreB

def gameOver(a, b):
return (a == 15 or b == 15) and ((a - b) > 2 ) or ((a - b) < -2)

def printSummary(winA, winB):
n = winA + winB
print "Games simulated:", n
print "Wins for A: %d (%0.1f%%)" % (winA, float(winA)/n*100)
print "Wins for B: %d (%0.1f%%)" % (winB, float(winB)/n*100)

volleySimulation()

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter Otten
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2006
Arun Nair wrote:

> ''' Can anyone help me with this program it just takes probability of
> the first team and runs the program doesnt takes the probability of the
> second team even though specified'''


> def simGame(probA, probB):
> scoreA = 0
> scoreB = 0
> serving = "A"
> while not gameOver(scoreA, scoreB):
> if serving == "A":
> if random() < probA:
> scoreA = scoreA + 1
> else:
> serving == "B"


Hint: this is not an assignment.

> else:
> if random() < probB:
> scoreB = scoreB + 1
> else:
> serving == "A"


Same thing.

> return scoreA, scoreB


Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Arun Nair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2006
Thanks a ton peter its working.


Peter Otten wrote:
> Arun Nair wrote:
>
> > ''' Can anyone help me with this program it just takes probability of
> > the first team and runs the program doesnt takes the probability of the
> > second team even though specified'''

>
> > def simGame(probA, probB):
> > scoreA = 0
> > scoreB = 0
> > serving = "A"
> > while not gameOver(scoreA, scoreB):
> > if serving == "A":
> > if random() < probA:
> > scoreA = scoreA + 1
> > else:
> > serving == "B"

>
> Hint: this is not an assignment.
>
> > else:
> > if random() < probB:
> > scoreB = scoreB + 1
> > else:
> > serving == "A"

>
> Same thing.
>
> > return scoreA, scoreB

>
> Peter


 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul McGuire
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2006
"Arun Nair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> ''' Can anyone help me with this program it just takes probability of
> the first team and runs the program doesnt takes the probability of the
> second team even though specified'''
>
> from random import *
>
> def volleySimulation():
> printInstructions()
> probA, probB, n = getInputs()
> winA, winB = simGames(n, probA, probB)
> printSummary(winA, winB)
>
> def printInstructions():
> print "This program stimulates a game of Volley Ball between two
> teams i.e. Team A and Team B"


While I was "stimulated" by reading this post, I think you mean "simulates"
here.

-- Paul


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solving simple mathematical equation solving speed Lionel Java 14 06-23-2008 08:01 AM
sort list doesnt work, key=str still doesnt work notnorwegian@yahoo.se Python 3 05-27-2008 04:32 AM
501 PIX "deny any any" "allow any any" Any Anybody? Networking Student Cisco 4 11-16-2006 10:40 PM
C++ program for solving any 9x9 sudoku.? flplini@i-image.com.tw C++ 4 10-23-2006 09:03 PM
PC doesnt boot first time and doesnt shutdown dann Computer Support 6 08-21-2006 07:31 AM



Advertisments