Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Intel Pro Wireless Cards cannot connect to Cisco 1200 series AP with new firmware

Intel Pro Wireless Cards cannot connect to Cisco 1200 series AP with new firmware

Mick_isa@hotmail.com

I am currently having a problem where i have just upgraded my cisco
access points from 12.2(13)JA3 to a new version (I have tried all of
the newest versions) but cannot get Intel Pro Wireless cards (Internal)
to connect to the access point. I can see the access point, but cannot
connect.

Whereas with Cisco wireless cards, I can connect with no dramas!

Does anyone else have this problem?

Current setup

Using WEP with PEAP. I also broadcast the SSID.

Is there any patches available for this problem??

Thanks,
Mick

Uli Link

> I am currently having a problem where i have just upgraded my cisco
> access points from 12.2(13)JA3 to a new version (I have tried all of
> the newest versions) but cannot get Intel Pro Wireless cards (Internal)
> to connect to the access point. I can see the access point, but cannot
> connect.
>
> Whereas with Cisco wireless cards, I can connect with no dramas!
>

> Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> Current setup
>
> Using WEP with PEAP. I also broadcast the SSID.
>
> Is there any patches available for this problem??

Go to Security -> SSID Manager and ensure that at "Open Authentication"
"with EAP (or with MAC and EAP)" is selected.
A Cisco PCM352 or MPI350 card will authenticate if "Network EAP" is
selected.

Not related to a specific IOS release.

The old Intel PRO2101B has an issue with broadcast key rotation, the
newer ( Centrino(tm) ) has CCX and they should work. But I never use
Intel WLAN since there is much better out there...

--
Uli