Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Connecting Cisco 3750 or 2950 to a Nortel Switch

Connecting Cisco 3750 or 2950 to a Nortel Switch

dragonwarlord

We have a Passport 8600 switch at our core. We are going to be
upgrading our closet switches to Cisco 3750's in the next couple of
months. We currently have an MLT that ties our closet switch to the
Passport that uses multiple ports. The Cisco equivalent is
Etherchannel. Here lies the problem. How can I tie two or more ports
between the Cisco switch and the Passport? There is a standard called
LACP(802.3ad) that is supposed to be compatible between the two
devices. Has anyone successfully connected this type of setup before?
Interested in any comments.

Thanks in advance.
Billy

victor victor is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwarlord View Post
We have a Passport 8600 switch at our core. We are going to be
upgrading our closet switches to Cisco 3750's in the next couple of
months. We currently have an MLT that ties our closet switch to the
Passport that uses multiple ports. The Cisco equivalent is
Etherchannel. Here lies the problem. How can I tie two or more ports
between the Cisco switch and the Passport? There is a standard called
LACP(802.3ad) that is supposed to be compatible between the two
devices. Has anyone successfully connected this type of setup before?
Interested in any comments.

Thanks in advance.
Billy
You should not run into any issues as LaCP is designed to inter-operate with 3rd party vendors to run etherchannels