Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using cElementTree and elementtree.ElementInclude

Using cElementTree and elementtree.ElementInclude

Mark

I have an elementtree created with cElementTree. I then use
ElementInclude to resolve some xinclude elements. But then I want to
move those included elements to be children of the root

root.append(included_child)

but I get an error message

TypeError: 'append() argument 1 must be Element, not instance'

The type of included_child is 'instance'. The type of the cElementTree
children is 'Element'. How do I resolve this conflict? I am using
cElementTree version 1.0.3 and elementtree version 1.2.6 and python
version 2.3.4. Will later versions correct the problem?

Thanks,
Mark