Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Lead Software Engineer

Lead Software Engineer

Emma

Successful candidates meet the following requirements:
· A burning desire to build rock-solid apps that people will be
unable
to live without
· Detail-oriented
· Superb written and verbal communication skills
· Self-directed, highly motivated, and eager to make a positive
impact
· 10+ years experience designing and implementing high volume web
applications
· 5+ years leading engineering teams through the development process
successful deployments
· Experience with relational and hierarchical database schemas
· Creating high-level and detailed technical design documents, and
conducting design reviews
· Playing an active role in implementing and providing feedback on
new
processes
· Providing technical guidance to other software engineers
· Implementing new product features using Python and SQL in an
Apache/Linux environment
· Enhancing and maintaining existing product capabilities
· Developing and updating product documentation

Answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. What element of a development process has the biggest effect on the
quality of its product?
2. What is the biggest design mistake you've made, and what did you
learn from it?
3. What was the biggest design success you've had, and how would you
improve it?
4. What are your thoughts on eXtreme Programming, and test driven
development?
5. Please provide us with a comparison of the following music discovery

sites:

http://www.blogmusik.net
http://www.seeqpod.com/music
http://www.finetune.com
http://www.webjay.com

For each of these we like to know:
A) What you like and dislike about each of these.
B) Which one you like the best.
C) Which one you think others might like the best.
D) How you would improve the one you like.

Gabriel Genellina

At Thursday 19/10/2006 19:06, Emma wrote:

>Successful candidates meet the following requirements:
>· 10+ years experience designing and implementing high volume web
>applications

So you almost have to be Tim Berners-Lee to
qualify... Who were developing "high volume web applications" on 1996?

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ˇgratis!
ˇAbrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Paul Rubin

"Emma" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Successful candidates meet the following requirements:

Um, who is asking?

Paul Rubin

Gabriel Genellina <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> So you almost have to be Tim Berners-Lee to qualify... Who were
> developing "high volume web applications" on 1996?

Amazon.com was founded in 1995 and IPO'd in 1997, but yeah, things
were sparse back then.

Edward Diener No Spam

Emma wrote:
> Successful candidates meet the following requirements:
> · A burning desire to build rock-solid apps that people will be
> unable
> to live without

I use to have a burning desire to cleverly answer questionnaires for
companies which either don't exist or, if they do, don't tell you who
they are, where they are located, or what they are offering, but I gave
it up in infancy.

alex23

Emma wrote:
> 5. Please provide us with a comparison of the following music discovery
>
> sites:
>
> http://www.blogmusik.net
> http://www.seeqpod.com/music
> http://www.finetune.com
> http://www.webjay.com
>
> For each of these we like to know:
> A) What you like and dislike about each of these.
> B) Which one you like the best.
> C) Which one you think others might like the best.
> D) How you would improve the one you like.

There _are_ no jobs on offer here. This is just a cheap attempt at
getting free survey data.

- alex23

James Stroud

alex23 wrote:
> Emma wrote:
>
>>5. Please provide us with a comparison of the following music discovery
>>
>>sites:
>>
>>http://www.blogmusik.net
>>http://www.seeqpod.com/music
>>http://www.finetune.com
>>http://www.webjay.com
>>
>>For each of these we like to know:
>>A) What you like and dislike about each of these.
>>B) Which one you like the best.
>>C) Which one you think others might like the best.
>>D) How you would improve the one you like.

> There _are_ no jobs on offer here. This is just a cheap attempt at
> getting free survey data.
>
> - alex23

They would get more data if they lowered their expectations for the
programmer position.

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/

Nicola Musatti

James Stroud wrote:
> alex23 wrote:
> > Emma wrote:
> >
> >>5. Please provide us with a comparison of the following music discovery
> >>
> >>sites:
> >>
> >>http://www.blogmusik.net
> >>http://www.seeqpod.com/music
> >>http://www.finetune.com
> >>http://www.webjay.com
> >>
> >>For each of these we like to know:
> >>A) What you like and dislike about each of these.
> >>B) Which one you like the best.
> >>C) Which one you think others might like the best.
> >>D) How you would improve the one you like.

> > There _are_ no jobs on offer here. This is just a cheap attempt at
> > getting free survey data.
> >
> > - alex23
> >

> They would get more data if they lowered their expectations for the
> programmer position.

They would get even more data if they specified where to reply...

Unless this is an incredibly lame attempt to increase those sites'
traffic.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti