Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX with two ISPs

PIX with two ISPs

Al

Hi all,
We have a PIX 515 connected to our T1 line.
We want to add a DSL line so that we can do a load balance between the two
ISPs.
Can I do that with a PIX Firewall?
I was able to accomplish this using a SonicWall 2040 Pro using its two WAN
ports.
Thanks,
Al

Jyri Korhonen

"Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We have a PIX 515 connected to our T1 line.
> We want to add a DSL line so that we can do
> a load balance between the two ISPs.
> Can I do that with a PIX Firewall?

Sorry, but that's not possible. PIX is just
a firewall so you need more equipment to
do load balancing.

Al

"Jyri Korhonen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d82art$4p9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > We have a PIX 515 connected to our T1 line.
> > We want to add a DSL line so that we can do
> > a load balance between the two ISPs.
> > Can I do that with a PIX Firewall?

> Sorry, but that's not possible. PIX is just
> a firewall so you need more equipment to
> do load balancing.

Thanks for you reply.
But the SonicWall 2040 Pro is also a Firewall.
I heard rumors that PIX IOS 7.0 will be able to do the load balancing
between two ISPs using the E0 and one of the DMZ port.
Is that true?
Thanks,
Al

Jyri Korhonen

"Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Sorry, but that's not possible. PIX is just
>> a firewall so you need more equipment to
>> do load balancing.

> I heard rumors that PIX IOS 7.0 will be able to
> do the load balancing between two ISPs using the
> E0 and one of the DMZ port. Is that true?

I'm not using 7.0, but you can check this issue
from Cisco's documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...v_70/index.htm

Dimitri Petrovich

[..]

Maybe with PIX 7.0 in ACTIVE ACTIVE mode. Not sure but I suggest yuo get it
in google.

Regards,

Dima