Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > what are XLRDError and CompDocError?

what are XLRDError and CompDocError?

kath

Hi,
i am facing some problems with opening an excel file. I am using XLRD
module.
I am getting

XLRDError: Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document

and

CompDocError: Not a whole number of sectors

exceptions in seperate try on different files.

1.Does any one know anout these exceptions? what is the cause?

2. what I should do to resolve these problems.?

Thank you,
regards,
sudhir.

John Machin

kath wrote:
> Hi,
> i am facing some problems with opening an excel file. I am using XLRD
> module.
> I am getting
>
> XLRDError: Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document
>
> and
>
> CompDocError: Not a whole number of sectors
>
> exceptions in seperate try on different files.
>
> 1.Does any one know anout these exceptions? what is the cause?

a. "XLRDError: Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document" -- would
indicate that the OLE internal directory is broken. Can't find an entry
named Workbook or Book.

b. "CompDocError: Not a whole number of sectors" -- would indicate that
the file is truncated or otherwise malformed.

> 2. what I should do to resolve these problems.?

Send an e-mail message to the package author, providing in each case
(1) the versions of Python and xlrd that you are using, on what
platform
(2) a full copy/paste of the error message *AND* the traceback
(3) a copy of the file
(4) what software (with version info, if possible) was used to create
the file
(5) what results you get when you try to open it with OpenOffice.org's
calc, Gnumeric, Excel, Excel Viewer, ...

Cheers

if and and vs if and,and titi VHDL 4 03-11-2007 05:23 AM
XLRDError: Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document kath Python 0 10-16-2006 11:44 PM

Advertisments