Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco pix routing for tunnels and vpn

cisco pix routing for tunnels and vpn

jcharth@hotmail.com

hello i have pix doing tunnels and vpn, i also have a cisco router do
separate our local subnets. Currently all traffic that does not belong
to our subnets exits directly from the pix to the internet. Is there a
way to have all the traffic go from the pix to the internal router and
then back to the pix and out to the internet. lets say the internal pix
address is 10.1.1.1 and internal router is 10.1.1.3. i am doing traffic
shapping in the internal router, will this be the right way to do it?

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:hello i have pix doing tunnels and vpn, i also have a cisco router do
:separate our local subnets. Currently all traffic that does not belong
:to our subnets exits directly from the pix to the internet. Is there a
:way to have all the traffic go from the pix to the internal router and
:then back to the pix and out to the internet.

Not in Pix 6.x. The Pix *will* notice that it has seen the packet
already and will drop it.

You might be able to do something differently in PIX 7.0 (which
is not available for all models.)

:lets say the internal pix
:address is 10.1.1.1 and internal router is 10.1.1.3. i am doing traffic
:shapping in the internal router, will this be the right way to do it?

I think we could use a network diagram, as it isn't clear where this
other data is originating.

not tried it. -- Donald Knuth