Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco IDS Inline? (like ISS Proventia G)

Cisco IDS Inline? (like ISS Proventia G)

Dimitri Petrovich

Hi team!

I've been looking around cisco.com and I haven't found a solution based on
Cisco IDS doign like an ISS Proventia G inline mode. The Internet Security
Systems Inline Proventia G has basically 3 interfaces. The first is used for
management (with an IP by then ) and the 2 others not having an IP but being
there to sniff. The G is acting like not being there but killing the bad
traffic going through the two NIC being not visible. So, this is like a
"tap".

Has Cisco something like that?

Thanks,

Dima

David West

Inline IPS came out with release 5.x of the IDS code. The new 4240 and
4255 sensors are IPS ("intrusion prevention system") out of the box and
the older sensors can run inline with the addition of interfaces and a
code upgrade to 5.x

-DW

Hi iss 6 is better than iss 5 ASP .Net 1 03-11-2007 01:40 PM
after transfer of data from MS-outlook(mail ids) to application,mail ids are consisting of strange characters vamsikrishna_b@coolgoose.com Python 2 06-21-2005 12:41 PM
Cisco IDS Inline? (like ISS Proventia G) Dimitri Petrovich Cisco 2 06-07-2005 05:27 PM
FS - proventia M10 network appliance Al Dente Computer Security 0 02-16-2005 04:43 PM
FS - ISS Proventia M10 Al Dente Computer Security 3 12-09-2004 01:50 AM

Advertisments