Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco VPN Client

Reply
Thread Tools

Cisco VPN Client

 
 
Buck Rogers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
Hello,

Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
is the program located. Likewise, where is the server software?

Regards,

Buck

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Walter Roberson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Buck Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
umb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
:Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
:is the program located.

I thought it came with the 501, but I could be misremembering.

: Likewise, where is the server software?

The server software is in the PIX 501. That's the whole point:
the PIX *is* the VPN server.
--
'The short version of what Walter said is "You have asked a question
which has no useful answer, please reconsider the nature of the
problem you wish to solve".' -- Tony Mantler
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dt1649651@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
Buck Rogers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
> Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
> is the program located. Likewise, where is the server software?
>


You can download the VPN client from Cisco:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...308/index.html

The server part is on the PIX.

DT

 
Reply With Quote
 
Buck Rogers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
On 5 Jun 2005 16:00:52 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
Roberson) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>Buck Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>umb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
>:Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
>:is the program located.
>
>I thought it came with the 501, but I could be misremembering.
>
>: Likewise, where is the server software?
>
>The server software is in the PIX 501. That's the whole point:
>the PIX *is* the VPN server.



Walter,

Thanks again for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Buck

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Buck Rogers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
On 5 Jun 2005 09:37:34 -0700, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Buck Rogers wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license.
>> Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where
>> is the program located. Likewise, where is the server software?
>>

>
>You can download the VPN client from Cisco:
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...308/index.html
>
>The server part is on the PIX.
>
>DT


DT,

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Buck

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USB Keys and Cisco VPN Concentrator / Cisco VPN Client ? TechGuy Cisco 3 02-05-2009 01:05 PM
VPN site to site & Remote access VPN ( vpn client) over the same interface pasatealinux Cisco 1 12-17-2007 07:41 PM
Cisco VPN client OK - Checkpoint VPN client not OK Ned Cisco 0 10-12-2007 01:02 PM
Cisco VPN Client vs MS VPN Client jarcar Cisco 0 02-12-2004 12:22 PM
Help with Cisco VPN client 4.0.1 (and 4.0.3) - The VPN client could not find the adapters GUID MP Cisco 2 12-30-2003 03:55 PM



Advertisments