Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco vpn client problem with networking

cisco vpn client problem with networking

dmalhotr2001@yahoo.com

Hi,

I have a major problem. I tried to install the cisco vpn client
version 4.05R on windows xp service pack 2.

The installation failed for some reason. After this happened I cannot
get access to the internet or my router. On my cat5 cable I'm getting
a weird error with a exclamation warning sign that says "Limited or no
connectivity". I try to ping my router and I get "PING: transmit
failed, error code 65." I looked this up and it said I might have
firewall installed, however all my windows firewalls and any other
firewalls are disabled. I have other machines that can hit my router
and the router has been rebooted. I know that this is the first time
this problem occured after installing this vpn client.

Also when i uninstalled the cisco vpn (from add/remove programs), it
still keeps the cisco vpn stuff in the start--> programs menu. I don't
believe the software uninstalled properly. I'm not sure how to correct
this problem.

This is the first time it has happenend.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks