Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problem with importing a package

Problem with importing a package

amitsoni.1984@gmail.com

I have to work with matrices on python and for that i need a package
NUMPY. I downloaded it and saved it in the same folder as the program
which imports it. But on running the program it gives an error
"ImportError: No module named numpy". Do we need to save the file
required to be imported in a specific folder?

Plz help me out with this.

Thanks

Amit

Fredrik Lundh

> I have to work with matrices on python and for that i need a package
> NUMPY. I downloaded it and saved it in the same folder as the program
> which imports it. But on running the program it gives an error
> "ImportError: No module named numpy". Do we need to save the file
> required to be imported in a specific folder?

did you follow the installation instructions supplied with that library?

</F>