Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 2811 Async config

2811 Async config

Gordon Montgomery

I just removed a 2611 and replaced it with a 2811. I am
using the same 16 port async card. ( Took it out of the
2611 and placed it in the 2811) The programming is as
follows:

!
interface Async1/0
ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
encapsulation ppp
async mode interactive
peer default ip address a.b.c.d (local net)
ppp authentication chap
routing dynamic
!
interface Async1/1
ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
encapsulation ppp
async dynamic routing
async mode interactive
peer default ip address a.b.c.e (local net)
ppp authentication chap ms-chap pap
routing dynamic
!
!
interface Async1/2
ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
encapsulation ppp
async dynamic routing
async mode interactive
peer default ip address a.b.c.f (local net)
ppp authentication chap ms-chap pap
!

line 1/0 1/15
session-timeout 30 output
modem InOut
transport input all
autoselect ppp
speed 115200
flowcontrol hardware

I have tried various configs ( as shown by the two different configs )
but I have the following problem. Once the modem connects, I can
ping around the local network ( a.b.c.x ) just fine. Even able to browse
some local web pages. But as soon as I try anything outside of
my network, nothing happens. The computers connected to the
local network ( FastEthernet0/0 ) have no problem. The config
shown for Async1/2 is the exact config that worked for years with
the 2611. I am stumped. Please someone shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)