Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Best Practice References

Python Best Practice References

Wijaya Edward

Can anybody suggest any references (links, books, etc)about this?
I'm thinking of something similar with D.Conway's "Perl Best Practice".

-- Edward WIJAYA
SINGAPORE

------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

James Stroud

Wijaya Edward wrote:
> Can anybody suggest any references (links, books, etc)about this?
> I'm thinking of something similar with D.Conway's "Perl Best Practice".
>
> -- Edward WIJAYA
> SINGAPORE
>
> ------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
> This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

By all means, please start here:

http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html

James

Steve Holden

James Stroud wrote:
> Wijaya Edward wrote:
>
>>Can anybody suggest any references (links, books, etc)about this?
>>I'm thinking of something similar with D.Conway's "Perl Best Practice".
>>
>>-- Edward WIJAYA
>>SINGAPORE
>>
>>------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
>>This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

> By all means, please start here:
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html

Nowadays I suspect PEP 8, derived from that essay, would be considered
more authoritative.

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119