Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > nat/routables

nat/routables

yo

I is it possible to have nat and routable ips on the same interface.
would that cause a problem with the routables ips when passing through
the ip nat inside and ip nat outside interfaces. I have nat and
routables working on different eth interfaces but never tried to see
if its possible just using one interface. If this is possible will i
be use ip nat pool?

thanks, P

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, yo <> wrote:
:I is it possible to have nat and routable ips on the same interface.

Yes on Cisco IOS routers.

:would that cause a problem with the routables ips when passing through
:the ip nat inside and ip nat outside interfaces.

Not if you use an access-list to constrain what is getting
translated.

Note: until relatively recently, using an access-list was a signal
that you wanted to use port-address translation. In newer versions,
you can use an access-list for a "network" translation.
--
Look out, there are llamas!