Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > redirect traffic on specific ip to specific interface

redirect traffic on specific ip to specific interface

mimiseh

Hi,
I am just wondering, it is possible to route traffic on a specific ip
to a specific interface. Thanks....

Walter Roberson

In article <EU%ne.18$(E-Mail Removed)>, mimiseh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: I am just wondering, it is possible to route traffic on a specific ip
:to a specific interface. Thanks....

Which platform, which software version, which feature set?

What you are asking about falls under the general category of
"Policy Based Routing". That isn't possible on PIX 6.x,
*is* possible on CAT 35x0/37x0 multilayer switches, is not possible
on a variety of other switches (that aren't really just routers);
on routers, it depends on the model and feature set and version.

--
The rule of thumb for speed is:

1. If it doesn't work then speed doesn't matter. -- Christian Bau

Alabama Circus

To do what? Like, placing an ISS Proventia A to get fraudulous traffic?

Cheers,

Alabama

"mimiseh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EU%ne.18$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am just wondering, it is possible to route traffic on a specific ip
> to a specific interface. Thanks....

toby

"mimiseh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EU%ne.18$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am just wondering, it is possible to route traffic on a specific ip
> to a specific interface. Thanks....

Yes Policy based routing. PBR

PBR can inspect source address to determine exit interface. It was designed
to give preference to higher bandwith interfaces for selected sources and
much much more.

Toby