Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Multiple ISPs and Multiple IP Ranges from Each ISP

Multiple ISPs and Multiple IP Ranges from Each ISP

Jyri Korhonen

"Walter Roberson" <(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

> Unfortunately, -particularily- when it comes to redundancy...

I'm sensing a little bitterness. I can understand that because
that's how these things work. In Finland we have a proverb

"Yksi hullu kysyy enemmän kuin kymmenen viisasta ehtii vastata."

which roughly translated means

"A madman can make so much questions that ten wise men can't
manage to give the answers."

In your case that has often been only one wise man when
you have single-handedly kept up PIX support here. Well,
it may be cold comfort but I can say that if I have a PIX
problem then my first thought is not "I'll call our provider"
and not "I'll contact TAC". It is "I'll write to c.d.s.cisco
and ask Walter".