Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > long range outdoor wireless setup

long range outdoor wireless setup

I think the distance 3-4km is large. I don't think you
could get the signals that far unless you're using high
range products & also a high range Antenna as well.

two other houses. These three points do not see each
other clearly. there is a 20m high hill between them.
First I want to ask if it is possible to broadcast a
wireless signal to a radius of 3-4km and catch that
signal without seeing eachother?

>For the second question I'll try to demonstrate the

topography :

>Because of the hill, office can not be seen clearly from

homes. Even homes do not see each other. But there is a
fourth point seeing all of them clearly. Is it possible
to connect three points via the other point. And is this
range is too far for a wireless connection between these
nodes? If it is possible what amount of bandwidth should
I expect from such a network.