Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Splash Screen on Wireless Guest Connection

Splash Screen on Wireless Guest Connection

Dede

We are in the process of setting up a guest wireless connection using a
Cisco 1200 Access Points for wireless connectivity. These are
connected to our backbone switches. A separate VLAN has been
established for the Guest account. This VLAN terminates into a Cisco
PIX firewall before going out to the Internet.

I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen
that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first connect
to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?

kelvinewilliams@gmail.com

Get a Proxy server.. Squid is a good one.

Dede wrote:
> We are in the process of setting up a guest wireless connection using a
> Cisco 1200 Access Points for wireless connectivity. These are
> connected to our backbone switches. A separate VLAN has been
> established for the Guest account. This VLAN terminates into a Cisco
> PIX firewall before going out to the Internet.
>
> I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen
> that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first connect
> to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?

Ted Mittelstaedt

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Get a Proxy server.. Squid is a good one.

Which can be easily got around by places like this:

http://www.the-cloak.com/anonymous-surfing-home.html

If they don't want to use your Proxy they won't. Are you prepared
to give tech support to just about everyone?

This sets up a system that the smart guys can ignore, and the dummies
will be wasting your time with settings changes.

Not to mention, clicking on I Agree has absolutely no legal weight.

Why don't you have them sign a paper disclaimer when they check in?

Ted

Dede

I work for a county hospital and we want to allow all visitors and
patients internet access. We just want some sort of splash screen when
they connect to let them know they are on our guest account and we do
not support hardware problems. I'm not really interested in the "I
Agree" for any legal reasons just a way to make them pause and read the
screen.

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Get a Proxy server.. Squid is a good one.
> >

> Which can be easily got around by places like this:
>
> http://www.the-cloak.com/anonymous-surfing-home.html
>
> If they don't want to use your Proxy they won't. Are you prepared
> to give tech support to just about everyone?
>
> This sets up a system that the smart guys can ignore, and the dummies
> will be wasting your time with settings changes.
>
> Not to mention, clicking on I Agree has absolutely no legal weight.
>
> Why don't you have them sign a paper disclaimer when they check in?
>
> Ted

student/u16035

Hello Dede,

Dede schrieb:
> We are in the process of setting up a guest wireless connection using a
> Cisco 1200 Access Points for wireless connectivity. These are
> connected to our backbone switches. A separate VLAN has been
> established for the Guest account. This VLAN terminates into a Cisco
> PIX firewall before going out to the Internet.
>
> I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen
> that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first connect
> to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?

http://www.axiros.com/publicwlan.htm

Hansang Bae

Dede wrote:

> We are in the process of setting up a guest wireless connection using
> a Cisco 1200 Access Points for wireless connectivity. These are
> connected to our backbone switches. A separate VLAN has been
> established for the Guest account. This VLAN terminates into a Cisco
> PIX firewall before going out to the Internet.
>
> I am looking for a way to display a company disclaimer splash screen
> that the guest will have to click "I Agree" whenever they first
> connect to the guest wireless connection. Can someone help me?

There are quite a few ways of doing it. Maybe a PAC file? Using wccp
to intercept port 80 traffic? Proxy servers? Simple startup screen?
MOTD?

--

hsb

Mozilla - Splash Screen Nigel Stapley Firefox 5 07-16-2004 08:42 PM
Mozilla splash screen Walter Donavan Firefox 6 07-05-2004 06:21 AM
Splash Screen adam Firefox 3 04-07-2004 06:56 PM
Turn Of the Splash Screen? Bongo Firefox 5 12-21-2003 10:53 PM
Can't change splash screen in Mozilla 1.5 Holodoc Firefox 3 11-25-2003 07:48 PM

Advertisments