Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Developing applications for Cisco routers

Developing applications for Cisco routers

onestatusquo@yahoo.com

Hello,

I have a few questions:

I would like to know how to develop application for Cisco routers.

What language should be used to be able to hook into Cisco call
libraries.

What libraries are available.

Sample application description.

Basically any useful info that explains how to develop apps for Cisco
routers.

Thank you in advance

Doug McIntyre

>I would like to know how to develop application for Cisco routers.
>What language should be used to be able to hook into Cisco call
>libraries.
>What libraries are available.
>Sample application description.
>Basically any useful info that explains how to develop apps for Cisco
>routers.

Umm, there aren't any?

Replace "Cisco Routers" with "Ford Cars" and your posting makes just
about as much sense.

Cisco's routers are a closed platform, they don't run applications.

onestatusquo@yahoo.com

So as far as I understand, IOS is a closed and proprietory OS that no
one can write programs for?

Is there an API document for it?

Barry Margolin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> So as far as I understand, IOS is a closed and proprietory OS that no
> one can write programs for?

Correct.

> Is there an API document for it?

If there were, it wouldn't be a "closed and proprietary OS that no one
can write programs for."

--
Barry Margolin, (E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA

Roberto Giana

Hi

If you're serious about developing tools witch interoperate with Cisco products your company should register at the
"Cisco Technology Developer Program". Then you will probably get access to specific "insider" information.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partners/...dp/index.shtml

Otherwise you might find some information or examples at COSI:
http://www.cisco.com/public/support/...si_launch.html

Best regards
Roberto

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> I would like to know how to develop application for Cisco routers.
>
> What language should be used to be able to hook into Cisco call
> libraries.
>
> What libraries are available.
>
> Sample application description.
>
> Basically any useful info that explains how to develop apps for Cisco
> routers.
>
> Thank you in advance

Alan Strassberg

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a few questions:
>
>I would like to know how to develop application for Cisco routers.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cosi-nms/

Apps that interact with routers, not that hook into the OS.

alan

Aaron Leonard

Some IOS platforms support Tcl as a general scripting language,
which may or may not meet your needs (which are ...?)

Do be aware that our Tcl implementation is still rather green
so if you code vigorously, expect to uncover some infelicities.

Aaron

---

~ Hello,
~