Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Norton Antivirus is a SCAM

Norton Antivirus is a SCAM

Anonymous

My parents got a new computer, and I
apparently damaged the Norton (symantec)
antivirus program. While trying to reinstall
I spoke with their call center three times,
and I was unable to enter the key code they
had in a new downloaded program. So I had
to get the new updated version for year 2007.
Because my mom insisted upon it.

I wrote a detailed letter to the President of
Symantec and never received a reply. I guess
I should write the board members and let them
know how f-ed up their authenication system
is. I had a valid key code that I had downloaded
FROM THE NORTON WEBSITE but the program
said it was only valid for the fifteen day trial.

Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing
program from Mom's computer and buy her
a year's worth of AVG..

My advice: Do NOT buy Norton, there
is NO competent customer support. I
could never understand what the
f-ing Pakis were saying from their
f-ing indian call center.

Try AVG antivirus http://www.grisoft.com/
They even have a free version. Do NOT
USE NORTON, it slows your computer
down terribly.

A ****ed Off Customer

Gitmo is a war crime.

Leythos

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:37:38 +0100, Anonymous wrote:

> Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing
> program from Mom's computer and buy her
> a year's worth of AVG..
>
> My advice: Do NOT buy Norton, there
> is NO competent customer support. I
> could never understand what the
> f-ing Pakis were saying from their
> f-ing indian call center.
>
> Try AVG antivirus http://www.grisoft.com/
> They even have a free version. Do NOT
> USE NORTON, it slows your computer
> down terribly.
>
> A ****ed Off Customer
>
> Gitmo is a war crime.

You sound like a bitter non-technical wanna be. And gitmo is the reason
you're free to make that statement.

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

Admins

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:37:38 +0100 (CET), Anonymous wrote:

> My parents got a new computer, and I
> apparently damaged the Norton (symantec)
> antivirus program. While trying to reinstall
> I spoke with their call center three times,
> and I was unable to enter the key code they
> had in a new downloaded program. So I had
> to get the new updated version for year 2007.
> Because my mom insisted upon it.
>
> I wrote a detailed letter to the President of
> Symantec and never received a reply. I guess
> I should write the board members and let them
> know how f-ed up their authenication system
> is. I had a valid key code that I had downloaded
> FROM THE NORTON WEBSITE but the program
> said it was only valid for the fifteen day trial.
>
> Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing
> program from Mom's computer and buy her
> a year's worth of AVG..
>
> My advice: Do NOT buy Norton, there
> is NO competent customer support. I
> could never understand what the
> f-ing Pakis were saying from their
> f-ing indian call center.
>
> Try AVG antivirus http://www.grisoft.com/
> They even have a free version. Do NOT
> USE NORTON, it slows your computer
> down terribly.
>
> A ****ed Off Customer
>
> Gitmo is a war crime.

Norton is a memory hog, try Anti-Vir, it's free and has a higher detection
rating than AVG or Norton. It's in our software section,

Regards
--
Admin

* www.privacyoffshore.net (No Logs Internet Surfing)
* Anonymous Secure Offshore SSH-2 Surfing Tunnels

Todd H.

Anonymous <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> My parents got a new computer, and I
> apparently damaged the Norton (symantec)
> antivirus program.

Way to go!

> While trying to reinstall I spoke with their call center three
> times, and I was unable to enter the key code they had in a new
> downloaded program. So I had to get the new updated version for
> year 2007. Because my mom insisted upon it.

Good for her for insisting on some sort of working AV

> I wrote a detailed letter to the President of Symantec and never
> received a reply.

Shocking.

> I guess I should write the board members and let them know how f-ed
> up their authenication system is.

It is an utter PITA, for sure.

> Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing program from Mom's
> computer and buy her a year's worth of AVG..

Or better, Avast. Or NOD32. Or kaspersky.

> My advice: Do NOT buy Norton, there is NO competent customer
> support. I could never understand what the f-ing Pakis were saying
> from their f-ing indian call center.

What were Pakistanis doing in their call center in India? You are
aware those are 2 separate countries right?

> Gitmo is a war crime.

Did you learn your persuasiveness there?

In the event you're serious about all this, and aren't just trolling,
I'd say you're about 14 year old suburban white kid who needs to calm
down a bit, and that your frustrations with Norton crap are shared by
thousands of former customers who've simply voted with their feet to
purchase other products.

AVG isn't a terribly effective AV as things go. It's heuristic tests
appear to lag the competition on unknown malware per teh testing at
av-comparatives.org

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Jason

Leythos wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:37:38 +0100, Anonymous wrote:
>
>> Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing
>> program from Mom's computer and buy her
>> a year's worth of AVG..
>>
>> My advice: Do NOT buy Norton, there
>> is NO competent customer support. I
>> could never understand what the
>> f-ing Pakis were saying from their
>> f-ing indian call center.
>>
>> Try AVG antivirus http://www.grisoft.com/
>> They even have a free version. Do NOT
>> USE NORTON, it slows your computer
>> down terribly.
>>
>> A ****ed Off Customer
>>
>> Gitmo is a war crime.

> You sound like a bitter non-technical wanna be. And gitmo is the reason
> you're free to make that statement.

Gitmo has nothing to do with freedom its the exact opposite actually.

Definitely nailed it on the first part though, sounds like some red neck
cant figure out how to run thier software.

James Egan

On 01 Feb 2007 12:20:35 -0600, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Todd H.) wrote:

>What were Pakistanis doing in their call center in India? You are
>aware those are 2 separate countries right?

usa has their own indians to go with their cowboys, so I don't see why
india can't have some of there own pakistanis.

Jim.

James Egan

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:22:05 -0400, Jason <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gitmo has nothing to do with freedom

So what's he been up to since he stopped posting to acv?

Jim
..

Hank Sniadoch

14 is too old for this kid. Maybe 10.
"Todd H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anonymous <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> My parents got a new computer, and I
>> apparently damaged the Norton (symantec)
>> antivirus program.

> Way to go!
>
>> While trying to reinstall I spoke with their call center three
>> times, and I was unable to enter the key code they had in a new
>> downloaded program. So I had to get the new updated version for
>> year 2007. Because my mom insisted upon it.

> Good for her for insisting on some sort of working AV
>
>> I wrote a detailed letter to the President of Symantec and never
>> received a reply.

> Shocking.
>
>> I guess I should write the board members and let them know how f-ed
>> up their authenication system is.

> It is an utter PITA, for sure.
>
>> Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing program from Mom's
>> computer and buy her a year's worth of AVG..

> Or better, Avast. Or NOD32. Or kaspersky.
>
>> My advice: Do NOT buy Norton, there is NO competent customer
>> support. I could never understand what the f-ing Pakis were saying
>> from their f-ing indian call center.

> What were Pakistanis doing in their call center in India? You are
> aware those are 2 separate countries right?
>
>> Gitmo is a war crime.

> Did you learn your persuasiveness there?
>
> In the event you're serious about all this, and aren't just trolling,
> I'd say you're about 14 year old suburban white kid who needs to calm
> down a bit, and that your frustrations with Norton crap are shared by
> thousands of former customers who've simply voted with their feet to
> purchase other products.
>
> AVG isn't a terribly effective AV as things go. It's heuristic tests
> appear to lag the competition on unknown malware per teh testing at
> av-comparatives.org
>
> --
> Todd H.
> http://www.toddh.net/

Wilf

Todd H. wrote:

>> Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing program from Mom's
>> computer and buy her a year's worth of AVG..

> Or better, Avast. Or NOD32. Or kaspersky.

Naa - all these are foreign companies, you don't want to touch them. So
is Grisoft. Find a nice 'Merkin company and use them, you'll be
happier, really.

--
Wilf

James T. White

"Anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> My parents got a new computer, and I
> apparently damaged the Norton (symantec)
> antivirus program. While trying to reinstall
> I spoke with their call center three times,
> and I was unable to enter the key code they
> had in a new downloaded program. So I had
> to get the new updated version for year 2007.
> Because my mom insisted upon it.
>
> I wrote a detailed letter to the President of
> Symantec and never received a reply. I guess
> I should write the board members and let them
> know how f-ed up their authenication system
> is. I had a valid key code that I had downloaded
> FROM THE NORTON WEBSITE but the program
> said it was only valid for the fifteen day trial.
>
> Next time I am home, I'm gonna delete the f-ing
> program from Mom's computer and buy her
> a year's worth of AVG..
>
> My advice: Do NOT buy Norton, there
> is NO competent customer support. I
> could never understand what the
> f-ing Pakis were saying from their
> f-ing indian call center.
>
> Try AVG antivirus http://www.grisoft.com/
> They even have a free version. Do NOT
> USE NORTON, it slows your computer
> down terribly.
>
> A ****ed Off Customer
>
> Gitmo is a war crime.

Nah. The real SCAM is when you renew your annual NAV update license.

NAV starts warning you 30 days in advance and the renewal is one year
from the date you process the renewal. For example if your current
license would expire on April 30th but you renew on April 1st, your new
license expires on April 2nd of next year and you effectively paid
double for April 1 thru 30 of this year!

--
James T. White