Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > DSL Modem w/ Verizon

DSL Modem w/ Verizon

Roger Hammonds

I was recently having unstability with my Verizon DSL service and phone
support had me configure my modem (via browser) with my Verizon username
and password in hopes this would solve the issue. I'm wondering if this
configuration identifies me in any way that it didn't before? (I also
frequently use Tor.)

Thanks,
RH

David H. Lipman

From: "Roger Hammonds" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| I was recently having unstability with my Verizon DSL service and phone
| support had me configure my modem (via browser) with my Verizon username
| and password in hopes this would solve the issue. I'm wondering if this
| configuration identifies me in any way that it didn't before? (I also
| frequently use Tor.)
|
| Thanks,
| RH

No !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

dMn

Roger Hammonds wrote:
> I was recently having unstability with my Verizon DSL service and phone
> support had me configure my modem (via browser) with my Verizon username
> and password in hopes this would solve the issue. I'm wondering if this
> configuration identifies me in any way that it didn't before? (I also
> frequently use Tor.)
>
> Thanks,
> RH

instability would imply that it worked sometimes. Configuring your u/p
in the modem for ppoe login would really only help if it wasn't able to
connect all. There are many factors to troubleshoot dsl problems, go to
dslreports.com. They have a large collection of information and tools.
And the people can probably help walk you through a determination of
the problem.

dMn