Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Zone Alarm being re-set

Zone Alarm being re-set

Gualtier Malde

I use AVG Email scan. Each new day, the first time I send an email, the Zone Alarm window pops up
to ask if it is OK for avgemc.exe to send mail. After that I go back and find question marks in the
'internet' and 'send mail' slots, and restore the program permission for internet and send mail. I
have also specified verification by path name only.

I have taken to checking Zone Alarm on each boot and just before sending email, and it is always
checked for permission. Whatever is happening occurs just as I send the email.

I have scanned with AdAware and Spybot, with no results. Certainly seems like malware, though.

Any ideas?

Chuck

--
Remove "-nubby-" to correspond.