Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Pointsec

Pointsec

Pitbullen_69

I got a computer from a friend of mine that passed away for some
month's ago.It's an ok computer, but there is a big problem. My friend
have installed pointsec on it, and i havne'nt got the username or
password. Is there some way that i can for excample formating the
computer?

best regards Pitbullen_69

David H. Lipman

From: "Pitbullen_69" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| I got a computer from a friend of mine that passed away for some
| month's ago.It's an ok computer, but there is a big problem. My friend
| have installed pointsec on it, and i havne'nt got the username or
| password. Is there some way that i can for excample formating the
| computer?
|
| best regards Pitbullen_69

If you receive a used computer, the *best* advice is to wipe the computer of all data and
install the OS of your choice from scratch.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Pitbullen_69

David H. Lipman skrev:
> From: "Pitbullen_69" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> | I got a computer from a friend of mine that passed away for some
> | month's ago.It's an ok computer, but there is a big problem. My friend
> | have installed pointsec on it, and i havne'nt got the username or
> | password. Is there some way that i can for excample formating the
> | computer?
> |
> | best regards Pitbullen_69
>
> If you receive a used computer, the *best* advice is to wipe the computer of all data and
> install the OS of your choice from scratch.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

That`s ok, but how can i wipe out everything? I cannot log on to the
computer.
Pitbull

Wimbo

On 2006-11-13 05:50:15 +0100, "Pitbullen_69" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> David H. Lipman skrev:
>> From: "Pitbullen_69" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>
>> | I got a computer from a friend of mine that passed away for some
>> | month's ago.It's an ok computer, but there is a big problem. My friend
>> | have installed pointsec on it, and i havne'nt got the username or
>> | password. Is there some way that i can for excample formating the
>> | computer?
>> |
>> | best regards Pitbullen_69
>>
>> If you receive a used computer, the *best* advice is to wipe the
>> computer of all data and
>> install the OS of your choice from scratch.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

> That`s ok, but how can i wipe out everything? I cannot log on to the
> computer.
> Pitbull

Boot the computer from CD/DVD and install your OS from that CD/DVD
Bootorder of the devices can normally be changed in the BIOS of the computer

Wimbo

gouldja@gmail.com

Pitbullen_69 wrote:
> I got a computer from a friend of mine that passed away for some
> month's ago.It's an ok computer, but there is a big problem. My friend
> have installed pointsec on it, and i havne'nt got the username or
> password. Is there some way that i can for excample formating the
> computer?
>
> best regards Pitbullen_69

Assuming that you have the bootable CD for the Operating System on the
computer I would just restart the machine with the bootable CD in the
drive and reset the BIOS to boot from the CD first and then reformat
the computer from the CD and then set the password to whatever you
want.

Hope that helps