Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > How to register a software by Symantec

How to register a software by Symantec

Luigi Donatello Asero

I wonder whether you can register a software by Symantec without writing
your e-mailadress.
I had rather write the postadress instead.
--
Luigi Donatello Asero
谢谢*, спасибо, tack så mycket!

Saqib Ali

You can use one of the disposable email address services to register.
See:
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/index.ph...ewtopic&id=252

Mailinator is pretty nice.

saqib
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> I wonder whether you can register a software by Symantec without writing
> your e-mailadress.
> I had rather write the postadress instead.
> --
> Luigi Donatello Asero
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
> 谢谢*, спасибо, tack så mycket!

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Saqib Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
You can use one of the disposable email address services to register.
See:
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/index.ph...ewtopic&id=252

Mailinator is pretty nice.

>saqib
>http://www.full-disk-encryption.net

Hello!
Thank you for your answer.
I am going to have a look at these.
By the way, can these systems be implemented together with SSL?
Thanks to
Secure Socket Layer the contents of a form which customers can fill in can
be sent encrypted over https
The problem with this is that spammers can misuse e-mailadresses if they
are displayed in the html code.
One might use javascript to identify their ip number but that would not help
to a large extent,
because they often change it not to mention that javascript has other
disadvantages concerning accessibility.
The same works if I display a special message to those who have a certain ip
number.
What if they change it?
What if I use a Server Side Language? Would that be useful in this context?
Could I forward the contents of the form to a database
so that no e-mailadress is visible?
Or what if I let the contents be sent over https to the server which
forwards it to an e-mailadress so that the latter is not visible for the
user visiting the website?
There is still another problem. The spammer can fill in the form with false
information. How do I verify them?
One might instruct the system to stop spammers send forms with false
adresses, telephone numbers and so on..
but how far does that go?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero