Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Symantec definitions 4 April 2006

Symantec definitions 4 April 2006

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Stuart Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet

> > I had a quick look at the Linux website and, as far as I understand,
> > Linux
> > can do approximately
> > 95% of what Windows can do. I suppose that a good solution might be to

go
> > on
> > working with
> > Windows XP on one computer and switch from Windows 98 into Linux on the
> > other, because Microsoft does not support Windows 98 any longer.
> > But the PC where I use Windows 98 does not have a large harddisk. It can
> > only contain about
> > 4 GB, I think.
> > Is that enough?

> I would not bother to keep win98 active if you have xp running. So far I
> have found only a handful of applications which run in win98 and not in

xp.

Internet Neighborhood 4.5 is a software which does not work in xp, that´s
the main reason why I need another FTP software.
Besides, SCP SFTP might be a safer protocol.
But I do not know, yet if I can use it. I do not know whether my webhost
offers this possibility.

> 4 gigs is light for linux, but will do if you only do a workstation

install,
> no servers, games or development.
> I would look for a 20 to 40 gig used drive, or use all the space, and
> eliminate win98.
>
> > Besides, how would I send my posts here, by using Linux?

> I have chosen to keep the e-mail and newsgroups on the xp machine, but I

can
> do both from linux using kmail and knode. There are many other mail and

news
> clients available.
>
> Drop in on the mandriva newsgroup and we can continue the discussion

there.

> Stuart

Where is the mandriva newsgroup?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

Stuart Miller

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsBAWg.19558$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> I would not bother to keep win98 active if you have xp running. So far I
>> have found only a handful of applications which run in win98 and not in

> xp.
>
> Internet Neighborhood 4.5 is a software which does not work in xp, thats
> the main reason why I need another FTP software.

I have already posted the solution to that.

> Besides, SCP SFTP might be a safer protocol.
> But I do not know, yet if I can use it. I do not know whether my webhost
> offers this possibility.

FTP security is primarily a server concern. Fnd out what you ISP or the ftp
host has to say about it.

> Where is the mandriva newsgroup?

I have already posted that in this thread

Please take a litt more time to look at the earlier posts on this thread
before you ask the same questions again.
We can offer help and support, but I will not do your work for you.

Stuart