Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Copy protection used on HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs is said to be "cracked"

Copy protection used on HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs is said to be "cracked"

Barbara

HD DVD is one of two leading high-definition video disc formats
attempting to replace DVDs. An HD DVD disc can store about four times
as much data as a DVD disc and it supports playback of "true" high-
definition video. In addition, HD DVDs have more advanced copy
protection than DVDs. The movie industry has been trying to shift the
market away from DVD and towards high-definition formats partly
because DVDs have become so easy to copy....

http://technowiki.blogspot.com/2007/...d-and-blu.html

Enjoy !!

def456

It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

Richard C.

Any clue about what you are referring to?

=============================
"def456" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GugGh.12704$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

def456

I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with mpeg.
As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened as
usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

"Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any clue about what you are referring to?
>
> =============================
> "def456" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:GugGh.12704$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

Justin

def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
> I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with mpeg.
> As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
> download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened as
> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

How about a reference to what the **** you are talking about.

def456

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
>> I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with
>> mpeg.
>> As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
>> download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened
>> as
>> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
>> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
>> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

> How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off, then
went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.

Stan Brown

Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:51:26 GMT from def456 <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> > def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
> >> I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with
> >> mpeg.
> >> As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
> >> download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened
> >> as
> >> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
> >> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
> >> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

> > How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

> I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off, then
> went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.

You may have told all you know, but you did not tell all you should
have.

The point you are missing is that wen you're referring to some other
article, you are supposed to include enough of that article that
people know what the heck you're talking about. "Caution with that
link!" as a new thread is useless -- and if you're actually trying to
help people, it's dumb.

http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#quote

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Richard C.

Boy - that sure made it clear!!

What the hell are you talking about?
============================

"def456" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YxtGh.123$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with mpeg.
>As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
>download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened as
>usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
>caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
>which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.
>
> "Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any clue about what you are referring to?
>>
>> =============================
>> "def456" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:GugGh.12704$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>>> It tried to download 2 unrequested files to my computer!

Richard C.

"def456" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O1BGh.147$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>> def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
>>> I don't recall their names, but believe they had something to do with
>>> mpeg.
>>> As soon as I clicked that link there were two successive attempts to
>>> download files to my computer. I know because my download manager opened
>>> as
>>> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
>>> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
>>> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

>> How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

> I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off,
> then went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.

=============================
What are you talking about?
No one here knows what your blather refers to.

Justin

def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:51:26 GMT]:
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>> def456 wrote on [Sun, 04 Mar 2007 06:19:36 GMT]:
>>> usual whenever something is to be downloaded. There was not the usual
>>> caution from windows (a security bar opening at the top of the browser)
>>> which usually prevents downloads from happening automatically.

>> How about a reference to what the *** you are talking about.

> I told you all I know. I quickly refused the downloads, x-ed them off, then
> went through some security and cleanup procedures - just in case.

Obviously you told us all you know, you know NOTHING.

A new message with no clue as to what you are talking about saying

"Don't click that link" is useless. Like you.