Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > AP1200 ios upgrade fail (urgent)

AP1200 ios upgrade fail (urgent)

yepp

Hi,

Can anyone help me to solve ap1200 ios upgrade program

I have a Ap1200 which is running IOS 12.2.13 before. I tried to upload
the latest IOS but via CLI. it's failed to complete and it deleted the
existing ios as well. However I tried to upload the ios via TFTP. but
it return following error and did not finish it. Can anyone help me how
to fix it ?

(ap1200)archive download-sw tftp://x.x.x.x/c1200xxxxx

failed to open the archive file (not exactly wording)

Based on sh ver, my AP is running IOS, there's no need to convert the
ios. If I reboot the device now but flash does not contain IOS, how can
I restore the IOS ?

Thanks,

Uli Link

yepp schrieb:

> (ap1200)archive download-sw tftp://x.x.x.x/c1200xxxxx

archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite url

> failed to open the archive file (not exactly wording)

The IOS of the AP1100/AP1200 is in tar format.
Have you downloaded the tar in binary mode and verified it's checksum?

> Based on sh ver, my AP is running IOS, there's no need to convert the
> ios. If I reboot the device now but flash does not contain IOS, how can
> I restore the IOS ?

Don't reboot without an IOS in flash, or you'll need console access for
tftp download from the IOS bootloader.

--
Uli

yepp

Uli Link 寫道:
> yepp schrieb:
>

> > (ap1200)archive download-sw tftp://x.x.x.x/c1200xxxxx

> archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite url
>
> > failed to open the archive file (not exactly wording)

> The IOS of the AP1100/AP1200 is in tar format.
> Have you downloaded the tar in binary mode and verified it's checksum?

The archive file is downloaded in binary mode and I'm able to see the
archive file content. the download progress could start perfectly in
the beginning, however, the error message appeared when it reached
70-80%. Do you think the problem is related to the IOS itself ?

> > Based on sh ver, my AP is running IOS, there's no need to convert the
> > ios. If I reboot the device now but flash does not contain IOS, how can
> > I restore the IOS ?

> Don't reboot without an IOS in flash, or you'll need console access for
> tftp download from the IOS bootloader.

Pls also advise how to download the image from the IOS bootloader -
Thanks
> --
> Uli

Uli Link

yepp schrieb:

> Pls also advise how to download the image from the IOS bootloader -
> Thanks

It's described in the docs:
"http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1100/accsspts/i12215ja/i12215sc/s15trb.pdf"

--
Uli

yepp

Hi,

can anyone help me how to upload the image file properly ? When I
opened the image file .tar, I could see some img, html, gif files as
well as c1200-k9w7-mx.... is this archive correct ?

thanks,

yepp

Hi,

can anyone help me how to upload the image file properly ? When I
opened the image file .tar, I could see some img, html, gif files as
well as c1200-k9w7-mx.... is this archive correct ?

thanks,

Uli Link

> can anyone help me how to upload the image file properly ? When I
> opened the image file .tar, I could see some img, html, gif files as
> well as c1200-k9w7-mx.... is this archive correct ?

Depends upon the actual state of your AP.

If IOS is up and running and you can ping your tftp server:

"archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload
tftp://10.10.2.2/c1200/c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.XR2.tar"

if your tftp server listens on 10.10.2.2 and the tar resides in the
directory /c1200 of the tftp root and 12.2(15)XR2 image.

You'll need the /overwrite parameter because there isn't enough room in
flash to hold 2 versions in parallel.
When you told the upgrade ran till 80% my first guess was: flash is full.

You can do an "erase flash:" and then a "copy running-config
startup-config" before the tftp download.
If your tftp server is broken, you can download the tar from a http
server too.

If there is no valid IOS image in flash, you'll need to set some
variables in ROMMON. This rescue procedure is described step-by-step in
the 1200 Configuration Guide. Don't know by heart, did this once or
twice more than a year ago and dont't want to reboot one of my APs .

--
Uli

yepp

After I setup another tftp server, it works.

Thanks,
Uli Link 寫道: