Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Warner Home Video Chat 2-26-2007 - Liberate the Mid-90s Golden Harvest Classics!

Warner Home Video Chat 2-26-2007 - Liberate the Mid-90s Golden Harvest Classics!

Erroneous Monk

As you may or may not know, Warner Bros. is sitting on around 170
titles from Golden Harvest, films produced between the sale of most of
their catalog to Star TV/Fortune Star and 1997/1998. They purchased
the collection outright from Golden Harvest in 1999. They have since
done absolutely nothing with the vast majority of the films, which rot
away in the WB vaults as bootleggers get rich selling inferior quality
copies of them. This includes films such as Tsui Hark's THE BLADE,
Sammo Hung's BLADE OF FURY, the Milkyway Image (TRIAD ELECTION,
BREAKING NEWS) production TOO MANY WAYS TO BE NO. 1, the fourth and
fifth films in the ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA series, and around 166
others productions from that period.

Warner Home Video is having a chat tomorrow (2-26-07, 8 PM-11PM EST) in
association with the Home Theater Forum (www.hometheaterforum.com), and
this is probably the best chance we have at letting Warner Brothers
know that there is a market for these titles - assuming that Warner
Home Video is even aware that they have these titles... it's a big
company, and the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is
doing - the home video people could genuinely not be aware they have
these films. All the information needed to participate is at the
following link...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html

....and I urge as many of you as possible to please participate if you can.

-----

Erroneous Monk
"I'm sure that these are merely flattering exaggerations my friends
have told you"

Derek Janssen

Erroneous Monk wrote:
> Warner Home Video is having a chat tomorrow (2-26-07, 8 PM-11PM EST) in
> association with the Home Theater Forum (www.hometheaterforum.com), and
> this is probably the best chance we have at letting Warner Brothers know
> that there is a market for these titles - assuming that Warner Home
> Video is even aware that they have these titles... it's a big company,
> and the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing - the
> home video people could genuinely not be aware they have these films.
> All the information needed to participate is at the following link...
>
> http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html
>
> ...and I urge as many of you as possible to please participate if you can.

....YOU ask about it--
We're still trying to liberate "Huckleberry Hound, Vol. 2"

Derek Janssen (slow sales, my @$$, they buried Vol. 1)

ggull

I didn't see your note until too late. Did you participate, ask the
question? Any reply?

Derek Janssen

ggull wrote:

> I didn't see your note until too late. Did you participate, ask the
> question? Any reply?

The transcript's up at
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...07htfchat.html , already
asked, and a "We're working on it". Can neither confirm nor deny, etc.

(Nothing on HD/Blu/Total policies apart from upcoming releases, and the
TV shows and cartoons get their own chat later. Have to wait and ask
about Huck then.)

Derek Janssen
(E-Mail Removed)

ggull

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> The transcript's up at
> http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...07htfchat.html , already asked,
> and a "We're working on it". Can neither confirm nor deny, etc.

Thanks for the ref. "Should have good news for you soon" is encouraging.