Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > component cable to TV or Amplifier?

component cable to TV or Amplifier?

mike888@berlin.com

Which one has better result by connecting component cable to Amplifier
or directly to TV?

since when I am connecting the cable to directly to TV I can save one
component cable.
but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
thanks, I really appreciate it.

Texan_2112

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Which one has better result by connecting component cable to
> Amplifier
> or directly to TV?
>
> since when I am connecting the cable to directly to TV I can save
> one
> component cable.
> but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
> thanks, I really appreciate it.

Multiple HDMI-enabled devices exist today. If you have several, or
perhaps more than your HDTV can accept, using a home theater receiver
to switch multiple HDMI signals could be of use to you. Beware that
some older HDMI enabled equipment don't support HDCP content
protection and will be rejected by your 'amplifier'.

Zymergy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Which one has better result by connecting component cable to Amplifier
> or directly to TV?
>
> since when I am connecting the cable to directly to TV I can save one
> component cable.
> but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
> thanks, I really appreciate it.

What receiver, tv and other components do you have? Do you have enough
inputs on tv for all your components? Everyone has setup that fits their
personal nuiances, so it really come down to what you like,

I bought a new Marantz receiver and I run everything through it since it
handles HDMI and Component and converts RCA/S-video to component. My old
setup the SS recevier only had RCA so I ran everything through TV, and only
audio through receiver.

The Polish Bicycle Ride

"Texan_2112" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45dc01db$0$28134$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Which one has better result by connecting component cable to Amplifier
>> or directly to TV?
>>
>> since when I am connecting the cable to directly to TV I can save one
>> component cable.
>> but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
>> thanks, I really appreciate it.
>>

> Multiple HDMI-enabled devices exist today. If you have several, or perhaps
> more than your HDTV can accept, using a home theater receiver to switch
> multiple HDMI signals could be of use to you. Beware that some older HDMI
> enabled equipment don't support HDCP content protection and will be
> rejected by your 'amplifier'.

Now there's an intelligent answer directly dealing with COMPONENT inputs.

The real answer depends. You didn't tell us how many inputs your TV has,
how they are being used, the inputs to your amp, or even what component
you're trying to connect to your TV.

In most cases I would say go direct to the TV. If you're hurting for TV
inputs, the amp can be useful. If you have a fancy remote for your amp, it
may be easier for remote operations and programming to use your amp.
Another consideration is that some amps have video upconversion
capabilities, which in some cases may be better than the upconverter in your
TV (not usually, because f you have that high end an amp you probably have a
good tv).