Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Recommend media brand?

Recommend media brand?

rm

What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality issues
with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related. Thanks for
the recommendations

Mr Colin Hammond

rm wrote:
> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality issues
> with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related. Thanks for
> the recommendations

Number One Taiyo Yuden
Number Two Verbatim

Neck & Red?

"rm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45d27569$0$5759$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related.
> Thanks for the recommendations

Ritek is the best I've used.

Gene

Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase
100qty spindles of Taiyo Yuden, and pay with PayPal?

Thanks,
Gene

"Mr Colin Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45d2793d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> rm wrote:
>> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
>> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related.
>> Thanks for the recommendations

> Number One Taiyo Yuden
> Number Two Verbatim

Captain Midnight

"Gene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r%wAh.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase
> 100qty spindles of Taiyo Yuden, and pay with PayPal?
>
> Thanks,
> Gene
>

> "Mr Colin Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45d2793d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > rm wrote:
> >> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
> >> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related.
> >> Thanks for the recommendations

> > Number One Taiyo Yuden
> > Number Two Verbatim

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/

BEN

1 800 282 8428

va media

Gene wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase
> 100qty spindles of Taiyo Yuden, and pay with PayPal?
>
> Thanks,
> Gene
>

> "Mr Colin Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45d2793d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> rm wrote:
>>> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
>>> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related.
>>> Thanks for the recommendations

>> Number One Taiyo Yuden
>> Number Two Verbatim

Eamon Skelton

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:35:21 -0500, rm wrote:

> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality issues
> with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related. Thanks for
> the recommendations

Verbatim +R (MCC004)
Panasonic -R (Taiyo Yuden TYG03)
TDK +R (TDK003).

If you read some of the DVD burner reviews on cdfreaks, you
will see that Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs usually give
the lowest error rates. I have also had reasonably good
results with HP +R (CMC MAGM01) and Philips +R (INFOMER30).
http://www.cdfreaks.com/

Avoid cheap generic brands like Bulkpaq. You should also be
wary of any hyped-up claims that disks are AA or AAA quality.
Discs that are named after precious metals like gold, platinum or
titanium are usually crap.

E.S.

--
Linux 2.6.18
Remove 'X' to reply by E-Mail

Gene

I'm trying to stay with ONLY long lasting, high quality DVD-Rs for now.

In the Taiyo Yuden line of DVD-Rs, is there one specific
DVD-R disc that has a longer life, or somehow getter than
their other DVD-Rs? Or do I just order spindles of 100
Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs, and will always get their best
DVD-R discs?

Thanks,
Gene

"Mr Colin Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45d2793d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> rm wrote:
>> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
>> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related.
>> Thanks for the recommendations

> Number One Taiyo Yuden
> Number Two Verbatim

Richard Crowley

"Mr Colin Hammond" wrote ...
> rm wrote:
>> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
>> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media
>> related. Thanks for the recommendations

> Number One Taiyo Yuden

Absolutely. My exclusive choice for both CDR & DVDR

> Number Two Verbatim

Verbatim does not make discs.
They are a marketing label and they OEM discs from
whatever (unidentified) vendor they wish. You could be
getting T-Y, or you could be getting trash. I'm not willing
to gamble when the price difference is so small.
Good luck to you.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Kimba W. Lion

Has anyone tried this brand?
http://www.delkin.com/products/archivalgold/dvdr.html

I've not seen gold used in recordable disks for several years.