Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Recommend media brand?

Recommend media brand?

Richard Crowley

"Gene" wrote ...
>I did a quick check on their site, and concluded that
> this was the best for me, as I do not print on them:
> http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo...er-finish.html
>
> Is this the specific Taiyo Yuden DVD-R that you are using?
>
> Not too expensive, & free ground shipping, or so it seems -
> think I'll try a couple of 100 spindles. Curious to see
> that little stamped thing

I use the white inkjet-printable variety for DVD-R,
and the "silver" inkjet-printable kind for CDR. I just
arbitrarily use white for video and silver for audio so
it is easy to distinguish between them on the shelf, etc.

I use a cheap (<$100) Epson inkjet printer to directly
print both DVD and CD discs. With the continuous ink
supply kit, it is cheaper than labels and much better
looking. I would never put a stick-on label on a DVD.

Justin

Gene wrote on [Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:29:46 -0600]:
> I have looked in the past for Taiyo Yuden at Best Buy,
> Fry's, etc. but never found any. I would be happy to
> pay a premium for some, if they were local. Guess I really
> should do a little Googlin' and find the Texas distributor
> and go get some directly from him

Most, if not all, of the Fuji made in Japan media is t-y made.

rm

You guys are THE BEST.

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ordering the TY ones right now. Have a great evening.

"rm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45d27569$0$5759$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related.
> Thanks for the recommendations

Mr Colin Hammond

Gene wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase
> 100qty spindles of Taiyo Yuden, and pay with PayPal?
>
> Thanks,
> Gene
>

> "Mr Colin Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45d2793d$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> rm wrote:
>>> What brand media have you had success with? I've been seeing quality
>>> issues with DVDXcopy, shrink, and DVDFab and think it's media related.
>>> Thanks for the recommendations

>> Number One Taiyo Yuden
>> Number Two Verbatim

In Australia or where?

Dave Allison

Thanks all for the thread. I"m new at this. At the below supermedia site
I see 2.4x and 8x DVD+R DL's. Is this really all about how fast they
burn, and not about how fast they play?
I've read digitalfaq, so I may be slow.

2nd question - no Taiyo Yuden DVD+R DL's. So they don't make them except
for DVD-R's?

again, thanks for the great thread, learned a lot.
DAve

Richard Crowley wrote:
> "Gene" wrote ...
>> Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase
>> 100qty spindles of Taiyo Yuden, and pay with PayPal?

> I have purchased thousands of both CDR and DVDR
> discs from www.supermediastore.com
>
> Beware of vendors who charge you for T-Y and ship you
> something else (including counterfeits with T-Y labeling)
>
> http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...s/buymedia.htm

Mike

Taiyo Yuden's and Verbatims are the gold standard. Only buy Yudens from a
reputable seller like Meritline. They are a lot of fake Yuden discs out
there that use cheap dye

MassiveProng

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:26:25 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>And

Top posting retard had a good point, but doesn't know how to post to
Usenet properly.

Jonathan Brisby

Still on the top posting thing eh?

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:08:03 -0800, MassiveProng
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:26:25 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
><(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
>>And

> Top posting retard had a good point, but doesn't know how to post to
>Usenet properly.

SoCalCommie

Top Post!!!

TTUL... John

"Jonathan Brisby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Still on the top posting thing eh?
>
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:08:03 -0800, MassiveProng
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:26:25 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
> >
> >>And

> > Top posting retard had a good point, but doesn't know how to post to
> >Usenet properly.

MassiveProng

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:30:47 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

**** off, TOFU retard!