Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blockbuster not as good as Netflix

Blockbuster not as good as Netflix

-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
information.
Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.
Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
returns.
The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
data to Blockbuster.
Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
sometimes not at all.

It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
feel as thought it is set up for children.

skip

"-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
> information.
> Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.
> Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
> returns.
> The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
> data to Blockbuster.
> Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
> sometimes not at all.
>
> It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
> speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
> feel as thought it is set up for children.
>
> What f you live in an area where you can not get netflix or blockbuster

thru the mail? the post office can not keep their hands off of the movies

Steve Harclerode

Some questions inline (What I write is intended respectfully, but that is
difficult to communicate in text)...

"-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
> information.

I'm signed up for both BB and Netflix. I do seem to have access to my
personal info on both sites.

> Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.

While this might be based on facts, the statement itself is rather vague.
Would you mind clarifying?

> Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
> returns.

I've noticed that occasionally, although lately BB has been as fast as
Netflix.

> The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
> data to Blockbuster.

For example?

> Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
> sometimes not at all.

I haven't had that issue, and I have had to contact support several times.

> It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
> speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
> feel as thought it is set up for children.

Can't argue with that, Netflix clearly has more movies.

Overall, I am the most happy with Blockbuster. If Netflix didn't throttle so
much, I would probably like them more.

- Steve

def456

"-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
> information.
> Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.
> Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
> returns.
> The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
> data to Blockbuster.
> Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
> sometimes not at all.
>
> It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
> speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
> feel as thought it is set up for children.

I've tried Intelliflix, Netflix, and Blockbuster. Intelliflix was a disaster
so I dropped them last summer.

I just started Netflix a couple of months ago and they're fairly good
overall, a much better experience than Intelliflix. I'm happy with Netflix
except I think sometimes they're slow to process incoming and outgoing
orders, although it's hard to be sure - could be the post office's fault.
They were very fast (overnight) during the trial period but have slowed down
to 2-3 days. Netflix email support is a bit slow but has been fairly
intelligent. Netflix doesn't work on weekends.

I'm just starting with Blockbuster (a couple of days ago) so it's too soon
to say. They just shipped me 3 movies today, so I guess they work on
weekends. I've asked Blockbuster a couple of questions by email and their
replies were quick, but absolutely 100% the stupidist I've ever had from
anyone. Blockbuster's website isn't as good as Netflix, in general. For
example my computer stays logged into Netflix fine (as it did with
Intelliflix), but won't stay logged into Blockbuster. I save the cookie, so
that's not the problem. That was one of my questions to their email support
which they refused to answer.

GREG NIEMI

My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all movies are
in Q are available, when I have tried to e-mail them they have refused to
answer. Netflix today I received 3 movies in. But I have to admit that being
able to drop off movies for new ones is a big plus, but since BB refuses to
offer good customer service, for now I stay with netflix.
"def456" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WNvzh.53167$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> "-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
>> information.
>> Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.
>> Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
>> returns.
>> The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
>> data to Blockbuster.
>> Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
>> sometimes not at all.
>>
>> It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
>> speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
>> feel as thought it is set up for children.

> I've tried Intelliflix, Netflix, and Blockbuster. Intelliflix was a
> disaster so I dropped them last summer.
>
> I just started Netflix a couple of months ago and they're fairly good
> overall, a much better experience than Intelliflix. I'm happy with Netflix
> except I think sometimes they're slow to process incoming and outgoing
> orders, although it's hard to be sure - could be the post office's fault.
> They were very fast (overnight) during the trial period but have slowed
> down to 2-3 days. Netflix email support is a bit slow but has been fairly
> intelligent. Netflix doesn't work on weekends.
>
> I'm just starting with Blockbuster (a couple of days ago) so it's too soon
> to say. They just shipped me 3 movies today, so I guess they work on
> weekends. I've asked Blockbuster a couple of questions by email and their
> replies were quick, but absolutely 100% the stupidist I've ever had from
> anyone. Blockbuster's website isn't as good as Netflix, in general. For
> example my computer stays logged into Netflix fine (as it did with
> Intelliflix), but won't stay logged into Blockbuster. I save the cookie,
> so that's not the problem. That was one of my questions to their email
> support which they refused to answer.

-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

> Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.

Steve Harclerode> While this might be based on facts, the statement
itself is rather vague.
Would you mind clarifying?

Try changing the name the DVD's are sent to.

> Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
> returns.

Steve Harclerode> I've noticed that occasionally, although lately BB
has been as fast as
Netflix.

Steve here in Hawaii we have a rather unique problem. Netflix has a
local distrubution center. BB's is in San Jose.

> The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
> data to Blockbuster.

Steve Harclerode> For example?

Why do they absolutely require your 19th century based phone number?

> Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
> sometimes not at all.

Steve Harclerode> I haven't had that issue, and I have had to contact
support several times.

Blockbuster has for the third time sent me what looks like the same
correct sleeve with the same incorrect film.

On the 17th I was told, "Right now, reshipment of the correct disc has
been initiated, Where is it?"

epokopac@excite.com

My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all
movies are
> in Q are available, when I have tried to e-mail them they have refused to
> answer.

We cancelled Blockbuster because they totally ignored the priority
number of an "available" DVD in our queue. It's like they grabbed a
DVD at random from the list and shipped it to you. We have NEVER had
that problem with Netflix.

GREG NIEMI

Hi, I had the same problem with BB, also,I would have 10 in Q all available
and they would only ship 1 at a time, netflix I get 2-3 at a time.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all
> movies are
>> in Q are available, when I have tried to e-mail them they have refused to
>> answer.

> We cancelled Blockbuster because they totally ignored the priority
> number of an "available" DVD in our queue. It's like they grabbed a
> DVD at random from the list and shipped it to you. We have NEVER had
> that problem with Netflix.

skip

"GREG NIEMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:gCCGh.10611$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I had the same problem with BB, also,I would have 10 in Q all
> available and they would only ship 1 at a time, netflix I get 2-3 at a
> time. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all
>> movies are
>>> in Q are available, when I have tried to e-mail them they have
>>> refused to answer.

>> We cancelled Blockbuster because they totally ignored the priority
>> number of an "available" DVD in our queue. It's like they grabbed a
>> DVD at random from the list and shipped it to you. We have NEVER had
>> that problem with Netflix.

You guys are sure lucky you can get those services.

Derek Janssen

skip wrote:

> "GREG NIEMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:gCCGh.10611$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Hi, I had the same problem with BB, also,I would have 10 in Q all
>>available and they would only ship 1 at a time, netflix I get 2-3 at a
>>time. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...
>>
>>>My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all
>>>movies are

>>>We cancelled Blockbuster because they totally ignored the priority
>>>number of an "available" DVD in our queue. It's like they grabbed a
>>>DVD at random from the list and shipped it to you. We have NEVER had
>>>that problem with Netflix.

(Actually, Netflix used to do that before the Regionalization, but they
obviously don't do that as much anymore.)

> You guys are sure lucky you can get those services.

....What, lucky you got a disk from Blockbuster at all?

Me, I had a "Very Long Wait" in my Netflix for almost a month, and then
it showed up on my doorstep on the next shipment.

Derek Janssen