Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HD-DVD crumbling into nothingness under force of Blu-ray

HD-DVD crumbling into nothingness under force of Blu-ray

Jonah Falcon

"GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eqjd8i$aev$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <%V9zh.22769$(E-Mail Removed) k.net>,
> "Jonah Falcon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Blig Merk is an expert on things crumbling into dust. Look at the rat's
>>ass
>>town he lives in in Washington state.
>>

> As opposed to San Diego? Hows it feel being both mexico's and Califonia's
> bunghole?

I live in New York City, though I'm in Los Angeles in February for pilot
season.

JoJo#1MSFanboy

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

>It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
>shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
>the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
>while the Blu-ray racks keep growing. Now, the HD-DVD releases are
>trickling to small squirts, just like the xflop fanbitches that were
>screaming like lunatics about how Blu-ray was over a few months ago.
>You really have to give it to the xflop fanbitches, they are always
>100% with their prognostications -- 100% WRONG.
>
>http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...ue-to-announce

-dates-for-blu-ray-titl/

>"High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
>that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
>for all of 2007."

I've never seen anybody in here wrong 100% of the time. You seem to come damn
close though.

MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 02:16:27 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>Blig Merk is an expert on things crumbling into dust. Look at the rat's ass
>town he lives in in Washington state.

Boeing, Microsoft... Just to name a couple.

Two of the NATION'S biggest businesses.

Where's the crumble, you top posting Usenet retarded dipshit?

Learn how to properly post in this forum you invade, jackoff.

Jonah Falcon

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> He doesn't even seem to have noticed that finally something remotely
> positive came out about the PS3...I bet he sleeps with his blur ray
> discs at night.
>
>>As opposed to San Diego? Hows it feel being both mexico's and Califonia's
>>bunghole?

> WTF, you have never been to San Diego? Too expensive for ya? Weather
> too nice?

I have no idea where he's coming from, since I'm in LA right now, and live
in NYC.

MassiveProng

On 9 Feb 2007 18:41:57 -0800, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>Show me one where this is happening... Just one... Surely if "almost
>all" is doing this it won't be hard.

Circuit City.

They have a huge BluTurd cart right as you come in the door.

You have to go around to the regular DVD section and then ask where
they have fronted the HD DVD releases at, and that is usually merely a
section of shelf space that was once DVDs.

They got Sony so far up their asses, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony
didn't own them.

MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:13:09 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (GMAN)
Gave us:

>As opposed to San Diego? Hows it feel being both mexico's and Califonia's
>bunghole?

Wrong. This is the center of the known universe as it relates to
technology and computing.

We have the Cray Supercomputer facility, the Navy research at Point
Loma, many many huge companies that touch your life daily whether you
want to believe it or not.

General Instrument makes sure that you get all of your cable TV
programming, and has for decades. They are now owned by Motorola.
Who were also already entrenched into your way of life. General
Atomics makes your basic UAVs to surveil and strike enemies from
above.

There are too many to list. Just because the entire nation has a
****ed up porous border doesn't mean that a ****head like you can
localize the problem to a few hot spots. Get a clue.

Jordan

On Feb 10, 9:53 am, MassiveProng
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 9 Feb 2007 18:41:57 -0800, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
> >Show me one where this is happening... Just one... Surely if "almost
> >all" is doing this it won't be hard.

> Circuit City.
>
> They have a huge BluTurd cart right as you come in the door.

See for me it was the exact opposite. I went into the store, looked
around the DVD section, found the HD-DVDs prominently displayed on an
end-cap and then went "Wait a second, where are the Blu-Ray discs?"
Looked around, didn't see them. Went to the PS3 section thinking maybe
there would be something there... Nope. It wasn't until I was leaving
the store that I saw the Blu-Ray rack.

I guess they think they'll sell more putting them by the registers
than in the part of the store where people actually look for
movies?!?! Yah, that worked so well for Divx. :^)

- Jordan

Brenden D. Chase

"Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Feb 10, 9:53 am, MassiveProng
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 9 Feb 2007 18:41:57 -0800, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>>
>> >Show me one where this is happening... Just one... Surely if "almost
>> >all" is doing this it won't be hard.

>> Circuit City.
>>
>> They have a huge BluTurd cart right as you come in the door.

> See for me it was the exact opposite. I went into the store, looked
> around the DVD section, found the HD-DVDs prominently displayed on an
> end-cap and then went "Wait a second, where are the Blu-Ray discs?"
> Looked around, didn't see them. Went to the PS3 section thinking maybe
> there would be something there... Nope. It wasn't until I was leaving
> the store that I saw the Blu-Ray rack.
>
> I guess they think they'll sell more putting them by the registers
> than in the part of the store where people actually look for
> movies?!?! Yah, that worked so well for Divx. :^)
>
> - Jordan

Let me guess, you were in the Microsoft store? Or maybe circuit city?

MassiveProng

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:10:33 -0500, "Brenden D. Chase"
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>"Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> On Feb 10, 9:53 am, MassiveProng
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> On 9 Feb 2007 18:41:57 -0800, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>>> Circuit City.
>>>
>>> They have a huge BluTurd cart right as you come in the door.

>> See for me it was the exact opposite. I went into the store, looked
>> around the DVD section, found the HD-DVDs prominently displayed on an
>> end-cap and then went "Wait a second, where are the Blu-Ray discs?"
>> Looked around, didn't see them. Went to the PS3 section thinking maybe
>> there would be something there... Nope. It wasn't until I was leaving
>> the store that I saw the Blu-Ray rack.
>>
>> I guess they think they'll sell more putting them by the registers
>> than in the part of the store where people actually look for
>> movies?!?! Yah, that worked so well for Divx. :^)
>>
>> - Jordan
>>

>Let me guess, you were in the Microsoft store? Or maybe circuit city?

You're retarded. READ the posts next time dipshit. It was already
declared that it was circuit city, BUT I mentioned BluTurd as being
the prominently displayed format and HD DVD not. HE said the
opposite.

YOU obviously didn't read the posts (or you would have seen opposing
views on the same store) and just wanted to ****ing mouth off like the
dipshit you are.

Jordan

On Feb 10, 12:23 pm, MassiveProng
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> You're retarded. READ the posts next time dipshit. It was already
> declared that it was circuit city, BUT I mentioned BluTurd as being
> the prominently displayed format and HD DVD not. HE said the
> opposite.

The CC I was at today did something different... they spread out the
HD-DVDs to 1 and a half end-caps and started putting Blu-Ray discs at
the bottom of the second cap. I still didn't see the display by the
registers, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

I asked about the new Samsung sets BTW... no info yet. Hopefully by
Spring.

- Jordan