Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HD-DVD crumbling into nothingness under force of Blu-ray

HD-DVD crumbling into nothingness under force of Blu-ray

Blig Merk

It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
while the Blu-ray racks keep growing. Now, the HD-DVD releases are
trickling to small squirts, just like the xflop fanbitches that were
screaming like lunatics about how Blu-ray was over a few months ago.
You really have to give it to the xflop fanbitches, they are always
100% with their prognostications -- 100% WRONG.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...-blu-ray-titl/

"High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
for all of 2007."

Jonah Falcon

Blig Merk is an expert on things crumbling into dust. Look at the rat's ass
town he lives in in Washington state.

"Blig Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
> shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
> the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
> while the Blu-ray racks keep growing. Now, the HD-DVD releases are
> trickling to small squirts, just like the xflop fanbitches that were
> screaming like lunatics about how Blu-ray was over a few months ago.
> You really have to give it to the xflop fanbitches, they are always
> 100% with their prognostications -- 100% WRONG.
>
> http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...-blu-ray-titl/
>
> "High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
> that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
> for all of 2007."

Penguin Commandos for Gore.

On Feb 9, 9:04 pm, "Blig Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
> shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
> the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
> while the Blu-ray racks keep growing. Now, the HD-DVD releases are
> trickling to small squirts, just like the xflop fanbitches that were
> screaming like lunatics about how Blu-ray was over a few months ago.
> You really have to give it to the xflop fanbitches, they are always
> 100% with their prognostications -- 100% WRONG.
>
> http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...y-continue-to-...
>
> "High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
> that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
> for all of 2007."

Still haven't found any PS3 games to play yet, huh Merky?

Well maybe some day you will get lucky and the PS3 finally get year
old 360 games for you to enjoy. Or, maybe you can enjoy the BluRay
version of the Metal Gear movie.

- The Rich

Jordan

On Feb 9, 6:04 pm, "Blig Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
> shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
> the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
> while the Blu-ray racks keep growing.

Show me one where this is happening... Just one... Surely if "almost
all" is doing this it won't be hard.

Best Buy? Nope. 2 full bays right next to the 2 bays of Blu-Ray discs.
Circuit City? It was much easier to find HD-DVD back in the DVD
section than it was to find the Blu-Ray media. In fact, I didn't see
the Blu-Ray discs until I was leaving the store, sitting on a lone
spinner rack between the registers. Frys? Same setup as Best Buy, 2
bays next to the 2 bays of Blu-Ray.

The brick and mortar stores I've been to either carry both or
neither.

Newegg?
Text Search Terms: HD-DVD 1-20 of 234 results Page 1 of 12
Text Search Terms: Blu-Ray 1-20 of 223 results Page 1 of 12

Amazon?
"HD-DVD"

Showing All Results

Narrow by Category
Electronics (7059)
Computers & Add-Ons (623)
DVD (343)
Books (124)
Home & Garden (3
Kitchen & Housewares (35)
Camera & Photo (26)
Office Products (20)
Musical Instruments (14)
Software (11)
Tools & Hardware (4)
Sports & Outdoors (3)
Video Games (2)
Everything Else (2)
Toys & Games (1)
Music (1)

"Blu-Ray"

Showing All Results

Narrow by Category
DVD (263)
Books (117)
Electronics (86)
Office Products (23)
VHS (19)
Home & Garden (16)
Musical Instruments (15)
Computers & Add-Ons (12)
Sports & Outdoors (7)
Kitchen & Housewares (6)
Automotive (3)
Camera & Photo (2)
Video Games (1)
Toys & Games (1)
Tools & Hardware (1)
Music (1)
Apparel (1)

> http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...y-continue-to-...

Key words dumbass - "with dates". How many Blu-Ray titles are dated
after June? I'll save you some time, there aren't any. Does that mean
Blu-Ray is dead and there aren't any more movies coming after June?
No, it means they simply haven't been dated yet. For whatever reason
the HD-DVD makers don't date their discs very far in advance. The 100
exclusive titles Universal announced don't have dates. Means they
aren't coming? No more than the lack of Blu-Ray dates after June.

- Jordan

GMAN

In article <%V9zh.22769$(E-Mail Removed) k.net>, "Jonah Falcon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Blig Merk is an expert on things crumbling into dust. Look at the rat's ass
>town he lives in in Washington state.

As opposed to San Diego? Hows it feel being both mexico's and Califonia's
bunghole?

>"Blig Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
>> shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
>> the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
>> while the Blu-ray racks keep growing. Now, the HD-DVD releases are
>> trickling to small squirts, just like the xflop fanbitches that were
>> screaming like lunatics about how Blu-ray was over a few months ago.
>> You really have to give it to the xflop fanbitches, they are always
>> 100% with their prognostications -- 100% WRONG.
>>

> http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...e-to-announce-
>dates-for-blu-ray-titl/
>>
>> "High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
>> that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
>> for all of 2007."

Hertz_Donut

"Blig Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
> shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
> the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
> while the Blu-ray racks keep growing. Now, the HD-DVD releases are
> trickling to small squirts, just like the xflop fanbitches that were
> screaming like lunatics about how Blu-ray was over a few months ago.
> You really have to give it to the xflop fanbitches, they are always
> 100% with their prognostications -- 100% WRONG.
>
> http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...-blu-ray-titl/
>
> "High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
> that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
> for all of 2007."

I don't know which is sadder....your complete lack of facts to back up your
claim, or the fact that you probably believe the pabulum you post here...

Honu

josh.higgs@gmail.com

He doesn't even seem to have noticed that finally something remotely
positive came out about the PS3...I bet he sleeps with his blur ray
discs at night.

>As opposed to San Diego? Hows it feel being both mexico's and Califonia's
>bunghole?

WTF, you have never been to San Diego? Too expensive for ya? Weather
too nice?

-Josh

Jordan

On Feb 9, 6:04 pm, "Blig Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...y-continue-to-...
>
> "High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
> that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
> for all of 2007."

Almost forgot... High-Def Digest lists 32 HD-DVD titles with dates for
"all of 2007". Blu-Ray only has 25 titles for February. So whoever
wrote the article for Engadget was talking out their ass...

HD titles already released:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/relea...istorical.html

Future HD titles:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

Blu-Ray titles already released:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/rele...istorical.html

Future Blu-Ray titles:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

- Jordan

Li'l Slugger

"Hertz_Donut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bilge Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
> > XFLop 1.5 thre-shity full sirkil fanfaireez

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

> I don't know which is sadder....your complete lack of facts to back up

your
> claim, or the fact that you probably believe the pabulum you post here...

bilgemerk using facts? Not in THIS
universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The PoS3 doesn't have any games, so bilgemerk and its apes keep blathering
about the overhyped bluray that nobody needs nor wants.

SyVyN11

"Penguin Commandos for Gore." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Feb 9, 9:04 pm, "Blig Merk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It's not bad enough for HD-DVD that almost all the retailers have
>> shoved their HD-DVD inventory into dark, back corners if they are on
>> the floor at all, and have almost stopped carrying any HD-DVD movies
>> while the Blu-ray racks keep growing. Now, the HD-DVD releases are
>> trickling to small squirts, just like the xflop fanbitches that were
>> screaming like lunatics about how Blu-ray was over a few months ago.
>> You really have to give it to the xflop fanbitches, they are always
>> 100% with their prognostications -- 100% WRONG.
>>
>> http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/02/08...y-continue-to-...
>>
>> "High-Def Digest has already updated their release page which shows
>> that Blu-ray has more titles with dates for February than HD DVD has
>> for all of 2007."

> Still haven't found any PS3 games to play yet, huh Merky?

It's not that he can't afford PS3 games. He can't afford a PS3 period.
He does these hate rants in hope that sony will give him one for being a
sonyslave.