Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > VHS to DVD

VHS to DVD

The One

Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS video
fims from my video player on to DVD ..
Thanks...

AZ Nomad

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:59:20 GMT, The One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS video
>fims from my video player on to DVD ..

yes

Neck & Red

"The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:svIxh.44$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS
> video
> fims from my video player on to DVD ..
> Thanks...

There are many..and they are free...with the purchase of your DVD burner
which you'll need to buy anyway.

Colin McFadyen

In <UAKxh.19439$(E-Mail Removed) k.net> "Neck & Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>"The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:svIxh.44$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS
>> video
>> fims from my video player on to DVD ..
>> Thanks...

>There are many..and they are free...with the purchase of your DVD burner
>which you'll need to buy anyway.

or http://www.videohelp.com/

Stuart Miller

"The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:svIxh.44$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS
> video
> fims from my video player on to DVD ..
> Thanks...

This is the single most asked question in this group - do a search back
through the archives here

For home made vhs, you can copy direct to dvd recorder (freestanding unit,
works like vcr)

For commercial vhs, you need a 'macrovision remover' in order to copy to dvd
recorder

If you choose to use a dvd burner ( in the computer) then you need a capture
card
caputre card bypasses macrovision
There are many to choose from, and many technical issues
websites videohelp, digitalfaq, etc present all that

Stuart